Chapter 7- PS

"Nonsense, why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Questioned Hagrid as the four children walk along a path leading up to Hagrid's hut. "That's what I keep asking, but they all ignore me,"

"Fine, 5 Galleons that it was Snape," Harry bets. Elizabeth nods.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Hermione asks. Hagrid turns to them suspiciously.

"How'd you know about fluffy?"

"That thing has a name?" Ron asks shocked.

"Of course it does Ron," Elizabeth rolls her eyes. Hagrid explains where he found fluffy.

"Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." Hagrid trails off as he explains. Harry tries to urge him to tell us but fails. Hagrid paces around.

" Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top-secret, that is," Hagrid looks at them.

"But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it," Harry pleads.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher," Hagrid reasons.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, Snape is up to something," Elizabeth rolls her eyes.

"I'm going to the library," she stalks off. She hears Harry mumble something but ignores it.

--------------------------------------------------------

"What a sister you are," Harry mumbles. Hermione nudges him slightly. She turns back to Hagrid.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking," she explains. Harry agrees while Hagrid sighs.

"Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

Harry curiously and turns to Ron then back to Hagrid. "Nicholas Flamel?" He asks.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that," Hagrid mumbles to himself. He then leaves while continuing to mumble.

It is now Christmas at Hogwarts, with snow falling. Hagrid is dragging a massive Christmas tree to the castle. Hermione walks to the Great Hall entrance with her luggage and wearing a scarf as the ghosts are singing Christmas songs.

"Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Ring the Hogwart bell. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.." Ghosts sing. Hermione looks from the massive Christmas tree as Flitwick uses his wand to put another ornament on the tree to Harry and Ron as they play Chess. She walks towards them. "Knight to E5," The knight moves and Ron smirks. "Queen to E5," The queen moves and stands up. She swings her chair and destroys the Knight.

Hermione stares. "That's totally Barbaric!"

"That's wizard's chess." He looks over to Hermione. "I see you've packed," he adds.

"I see you haven't," Hermione states. Ron nods.

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there," Hermione nods.

"You can help Harry find information on Nicholas Flammel. I'm going to say bye to Elizabeth. Happy Christmas," she turns and walks over to Elizabeth who was helping Flitwick with decorating the tree.

"See you soon," Hermione says as she turns to walk out the Great Hall.

"Perfect! Thank you, Miss Potter!" Squeaked Flitwick. Elizabeth admired their work.

"You're welcome!" Elizabeth smiled at him and then looked at the tree. Elizabeth looked around and spotted her twin. "See you later Professor!" Flitwick said his bye and she walked to Harry and his friend. "Hey," she says. Harry looks up and smiles. "Hi,"

"Assuming your stay at Hogwarts could you help us with looking for Nicholas?" Harry asks. Elizabeth nods.