*Chapter Fifty Two* [Expect the Unexpected]

Claire slowly closes the door to Madelyn's room leaving the 6 year old to nap peacefully

Claire slowly closes the door to Madelyn's room leaving the 6 year old to nap peacefully. She then wanders down the hall to Kaylin's bedroom. She stiffens when she notices that her daughter isn't alone but when the man turns to her she relaxes recognizing him.

"Hi, Ansel," Claire greets walking into the room. He gives her a small smile. "How are you settling in?"

"It's definitely interesting," He mutters. She gives him another smile before looking down at her daughter. "She's beautiful," Claire hums in agreement.

"Looks just like Nik," Claire whispers, watching her daughter twitch in her dream. "Has he talked to you yet?" She asks, glancing up at him. 

"No and I don't blame him. He's angry... conflicted,"

"He's always angry," Claire smiles, glancing over at him. "Just give him some time to process everything," She tells him. "It's been a rough couple of months," She tells him.

"I just want to help," He tells her, pacing around the room a little bit.

"It's New Orleans, something happens all the time, you'll get your chance to help," She assures him. "And when you do, you'll get Nik's trust and things will get better. He's just a bit protective and cautious, after everything we've been through you have to expect that,"

"I understand," Ansel sighs, running his hand through his hair.

"I know you're going through a rough patch right now with the whole 'coming back to life and my son is ignoring me' bit," Ansel arches an eyebrow at Claire. "But we've had our fair share of betrayals and nobody here really knows you so, until we do, stay away from my daughters unless someone else is with you. If you give me a single reason to not trust you or if you work to get in Klaus's good graces only to turn your back on him, I'll make sure you wish you stayed on the Other Side," Claire promises.

"I believe you," Ansel assures. 

"Good," Claire nods. "Now, we should leave and let her rest," Ansel nods slipping out of the room with Claire. 

"I want to thank you for allowing me into your home, even when you don't trust me," Ansel says.

"It's no problem, you're family," Claire smiles, patting his shoulder. "Just remember, I have eyes everywhere. I know what happens in my city, I especially know what happens in my home," She warns him. "Have a nice afternoon," Claire says walking away from him. She doesn't get far when she hears her future sister-in-law shouting.

"Claire!" Rebekah yells, from the front door. "Claire! Where are you!?" She continues to shout.

"I'm right here," Claire says, jogging down the steps. "I just got them to sleep, please stop shouting," Claire pleads.

"We need to talk, right now," Rebekah grabs her wrist and drags her toward the door.

"Rebekah, where are you taking my mate?" Klaus asks, walking down the steps.