*Chapter Thirty Two*

"Do you think if our mates found us drooling over Ryan Reynolds they would track him down and kill him?" Caroline wonders her eyes glued to the screen as she and Claire watched him hack at a wooden boat shirtless in The Proposal

"Probably" Claire says eating some pickles. "But it's a risk I'm more than willing to take" The pair of them giggle. This was their second round with The Proposal. They had also watched The Hitman's Bodyguard, The Amityville Horror and of course Blade: Trinity.

"Same" Caroline nods in agreement. "Enzo gets jealous and it's very sexy" Caroline daydreams about her mate with desire.

"Klaus and Kol are the two that show their jealous on the outside, the others are more subtle and controlled... at least until we're in the bedroom" Claire smirks.

"Men are so easy" Caroline says and Claire hums in agreement. Once the movie ended Caroline got up to put in a different one when Claire felt it.

"Elijah" Claire whispers panicked. Caroline turns to her, her confusion turning to concern when she noticed the frantic look on Claire's face. 

Claire becomes more panicked when she tries to reach for Elijah through their bond only to find it blocked. Elijah normally has walls around his mind just to help Claire not feel so overwhelmed all the time but they're never this strong, not to her. The more she tries to reach him the thicker his mental wall becomes. Claire knew it isn't Elijah's doing, she knows something's wrong.

"Claire, what is it?" Finn asks appearing in front of her snapping her from her thoughts. He kneels in front of her. One of his hands rest on her leg while the other gently caresses her face helping her focus on him. "What's wrong?" He asks calmly.

"Elijah" She whispers feeling breathless. "Something's wrong with Elijah"

"What is it?" Finn asks and Claire shakes her head.

"I don't know" She whispers. "I can't reach him but something's wrong" Finn slowly nods and kisses her forehead wanting to help keep her calm.

"Do you know where he was?" Finn asks.

"Klaus, he went with Klaus after breakfast" She tells him. Finn nods and reaches for a phone. He calls his younger hybrid brother only for there to be no answer which doesn't help Claire's sanity.

"Can you reach Klaus?" Finn asks her. Claire takes a moment to reach out to him.

"They split up around midday" Claire told him what Klaus told her through their bond. "Elijah went looking for Celeste"

"He had to have found her" Caroline says. "She had to have done something to him"

"We have to find him" Claire says standing up. "I can't feel him, I don't know what she's doing to him"

"You need to stay here" Caroline says pointing at her. Claire desperately wants to argue but Caroline's look hardens. Claire sighs and nods. "I'm going to go find Enzo and Kol, the three of us will find this bitch and Elijah. We'll bring him back to you, alright?"