*Chapter Twenty Six* {Après Moi, Le Déluge}

*Decided to post this one earlier than I planned because of all the love I got last chapter and the comments I got on my post on my profile. I love you all! Hope you like this chapter!*

"Elijah, what're you doing?" Claire asks entering his study

"I spoke with Davina and Marcel earlier today," Elijah explained keeping most of his concentration on the papers in front of him. "Davina used to sketch while she spent time in the attic. Marcel told me she called these particular sketches evil"

"They make a face" Claire whispers standing beside him. Elijah noticed this as well and continued to piece the puzzle. "Who is it?"

The woman Davina had unknowingly drew looked beautiful. It was a charcoal drawing but Elijah recognized the woman instantly. Claire became concerned when she felt his emotions drastically change.

"Elijah?" She whispers gripping his arm lightly no longer caring about the drawing but more concerned about her mate. "What's wrong?"

"It's Celeste" He whispers.

"Celeste?" Claire asks looking back at the drawing. "Why would Davina draw her?"

"I'm not sure" Elijah whispers.

"Elijah, do you think it's a coincidence that Kaleb was asking for Celeste not long before you find these?" Claire asks him. "Is there any way Kaleb could have found her?"

"There shouldn't have been" He mutters still trying to sort his thoughts out. Without another word, Elijah leaves the study for his bedroom. Claire followed him as quickly as her slight waddle would allow her.

"What are you looking for?" Claire asks.

"Like you, I used to keep a diary, within the diary was the location of Celeste's remains" Elijah tells her. "And now the diary is nowhere to be found" 

"Kaleb" She whispers and he nods. "He'll already have the bones by now"

"I'm going to go check" He said walking out of the room.

"Take someone with you" Claire calls after him. Elijah stops walking and turns towards her. He takes a breath and smiles at her while slowing his mind down.

"I'll be alright, Elskan" He says walking over to her. "Don't worry about me" He says caressing her face. She relaxes in his hold.

"I'll always worry about you, love" She says placing her hands over his. "It's kind of my job" She says teasingly. He smiles and kisses her forehead.

"I love you" Elijah reassures her.

"I don't doubt you, Elijah" She promises him. "You loved Celeste a long time ago, I understand why you don't want someone trying to find her. You gave Celeste your word and I know how important that is to you"

"I won't be long and I'll Finn along with me" Elijah tells her. She smiles and nods.

"I'll be here" She reassures him. He places a gentle kiss on her lips before walking down the steps.