*Chapter Fifty Six* {Save My Soul}

*Shits gonna get real in the next chapter or two... Imma spice shit up.. This chapter is big on Freya's background for those who aren't familiar with her character*

 This chapter is big on Freya's background for those who aren't familiar with her character*

 "Are you still spending the afternoon with Madelyn?" 

Caroline grins widely and leans over the kitchen island with Enzo leaning against it as well beside her. Claire sits at the table going over some notes from the meeting they had with the council the previous week.

"Yep. We're taking her and mom out to the park today," Caroline states excitedly. "Maybe if you're done early, you can join us?" Caroline suggests. Claire's smile falters slightly. 

"I'll try," She promises.

"Don't worry if you can't," Caroline tells her. "This is important. I'm not saying Madelyn isn't but there'll be other picnics. You just make sure that New Orleans is still a safe place to keep having them," 

"Don't worry, this is my city and I'll keep it safe," Claire promises. Caroline grins giving her a playful wink.

"You won't be alone in that task, my darling," Finn states, entering the kitchen. Claire smiles and walks into his embrace. "Freya is almost here," Finn whispers, grazing his nose across her cheekbone. 

"Well, then," Claire sighs. "We should get ready to greet our guest,"

"Good luck," Caroline smiles, holding Enzo's hand and pulling him out of the house. She loves her sister but anything that has to do with the Mikaelson's usually ends up with more drama than she cares for. Now there's apparently another one of them. She'll leave Claire to deal with it and just make sure the rest of the vampires in New Orleans behave themselves.

"Is Rebekah and Asher here?" Claire asks, following Finn into the dining room.

"Asher and Penelope decided to take her shopping for the baby. Asher's hoping it'll take her mind off of Dahlia and Freya for a little bit while we sort out what needs to be sorted," Finn explains.

Claire nods. She smiles at her mates before taking a seat at the head of the table. Finn snags the seat to her right with Klaus on her left. Klaus angles his chair to look down at the table while Elijah sits by his side and Henrik across from him.

A few seconds later and Kol enters the room. He had been keeping a close eye on their new sister.

"She's here," Kol states taking a seat by Henrik. 

"Sister!" Klaus greets when Freya enters right after Kol. "Well, come in! Come in! Make yourself comfortable," Klaus waves her in with a smirk. Freya seems nervous but smiles at everyone. She takes the seat across from Claire.

"Hello, Freya," Claire welcomes politely.

"Claire," Freya nods. "Thank you for welcoming me to your home. It's beautiful,"