*Chapter Twenty Two* {Reigning Pain}

The transition of power from Marcel to Claire and the Mikaelson's wasn't the smoothest thing in the world

The transition of power from Marcel to Claire and the Mikaelson's wasn't the smoothest thing in the world. The French Quarter vampires were still very much loyal to Marcel and were reluctant to be loyal to anyone else, to follow someone else's orders.

No longer is Claire a simple pregnant girl walking down Bourbon Street. Not that she ever was a simple pregnant girl to begin with. 

No matter where she went she had eyes on her. Though no one dared approach her, in fact, they steered clear of her. They knew the power she held, not only as a siphoner and leader of the but as the fiance to the Mikaelson brothers.

"Why don't we get something to eat?" Claire suggests looking at Klaus. Madelyn is at school and everyone else had their own things going on. Claire wanted to get out of the house and go for a walk. Klaus would rather her go for a walk within the property but she wanted to something different than walk around the plantation.

"Anything you want" He kisses the top of her head. She grins and pulls him into Rousseau's. She smiles and gives Cami a wave before pulling Klaus into a booth. Claire sits on the inside with Klaus sitting beside her. Cami gives them each a drink before taking Claire's order.

"I've been thinking about inviting my mom to come visit" Claire brings up suddenly. "Caroline keeps hinting at it and I've been thinking about he ever since I returned"

"Are you wanting just a simple visit or are you going to try and patch things up?" Klaus asks. "She hasn't always been very understanding or open minded when it comes to our world" Klaus reminds her.

"I know but I think it's been long enough. I mean we haven't been on good terms since before I got pregnant with Madelyn and even then it was rocky. Caroline and mom have a great relationship right now and I want that. I want a good relationship with her." Claire rambles slightly. "I've changed since high school and Caroline swears she's changed too."

"If this is what you want then we'll find a way to make it happen" He promises her. She gives him a small smile and rests her head on his shoulder. "If she hurts you again she's never stepping foot in New Orleans again, I don't care how good of a relationship she has with Caroline"

"Deal" She smiles up at him. "I'll give her a call when we get back" He nods kissing her forehead.

"Well, isn't this just adorable" Klaus's head snaps to the side as Hayley Marshal stands by their table. Claire sits up and tenses slightly as she slides into the seat across from them. "When I head the Mikaelson's were back in town I had to admit, I was surprised. Then I hear Marcel is no longer in power but you, I guess congratulations are in order"

"I didn't know you were in New Orleans" Claire says.

"Just outside actually" Hayley said with a shrug. "In the Bayou"

"With the rest of you werewolf friends, I assume" Claire says. Hayley raises an eyebrow and Claire smirks slightly. "What? Did you think I didn't know about the Crescent Wolf Pack?" She asks.