*Chapter Fifteen* {Sinners and Saints}

"Mind if I sit with you?" Henrik asks coming to a stop in front of Madelyn

"Mind if I sit with you?" Henrik asks coming to a stop in front of Madelyn. She shrugs keeping her gaze on the dandelions in the grass. Her feet rock forward and backward to slowly push the swing. Henrik sighs quietly and sits on the swing beside her. "How're you doing?" She shrugs again not answering him. "Do you want to go for a ride?" He asks.

"Mommy was supposed to take me for a ride" Madelyn whispers. "But she left" Madelyn growled. Henrik presses his lips together.

"She didn't want too" Henrik tells her gently.

"Well she's still gone" Madelyn snipped standing up. Henrik watches her walk back to the house. 

It's been a couple of days since Alondra appeared and Claire went missing. None of them were taking it very well but none of them knew exactly how to explain it to Madelyn. All Madelyn knows is that Claire left quickly for a business trip, a stupid excuse but Kol spat it out before they could think of a better one.

"Maddie, come eat some lunch" Hanna said as she entered the house through the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry" Madelyn grumbles not stopping. She leaves the kitchen and goes up to her room. Alondra looks up from her spot by at the island to look at the little girl, one of the many grimoires in front of her. She then looks towards Hanna.

"She's a good kid" Hanna tells her. "This has just been hard on her, on all of us." Alondra smiles slightly and nods.

"We'll get this all switched around, you'll have Claire back in no time" Alondra reassures her. Hanna smiles and nods slightly.

"So, how far along are you?" Hanna asks. Alondra tenses slightly, her gaze returning to the Australian. "So, I was right" Hanna smirks victoriously. Alondra tilts her head. Hanna nods towards the peanut butter sandwich. "Claire always craves peanut butter during her pregnancy. I took a shot in the dark, I thought I sensed it but I wasn't sure"

"Two pregnant women away from their mates," Alondra says amusingly. Hanna gives her a small smile. "I don't even know which ones the father" Alondra whispers.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's me" Alondra's head snaps over to see Kol. "Or other world, less attractive me" Kol smirks. Alondra's face falls and she feels as if her hearts stopped. Her hand presses on her stomach. She clenches her eyes shut tightly. All Alondra could think about was Alexander, her Alexander.

"How do you know?" Hanna asks him taking his attention off of Alondra. He shrugs and enters the kitchen more.

"I remember when Claire was pregnant with..." Kol voice slowly drowns out. "I felt overly protective of her, more than usual. I don't know who you are but I want to protect you, that's not normal for me" 

"Is something wrong?" Hanna asks snapping Alondra from her thoughts.

"I need a moment" Alondra whispers leaving the room.