*Chapter Twenty Nine* {Dance Back from the Grave}

*If you wanna little reference on somethings, right now we're somewhere in November and Claire is around 6 months pregnant.*

"I hate this" Kol grumbles pacing on the back porch, his eyes trained on the barn

"I hate this" Kol grumbles pacing on the back porch, his eyes trained on the barn. His brothers were with him, all of them watching the barn just as intensely. Henrik is leaning against the railing bouncing his leg, Klaus was leaning against the house while Finn and Elijah sat in chairs.

"Why did we agree to this again?" Henrik wonders.

"Relax, Marcel knows better than to put harm her" Elijah says tensely.

"You trust him too much" Kol growls. "He just lost Davina, in his eyes it's our fault and we just let him have out most prized possession alone"

"She's not exactly defenseless" Klaus reminds them. "There's a hybrid in every stable and even more in the hay loft"

"Great, we have to rely on your mutts to protect our mate" Kol rolls his eyes.

"If you would all be quiet than we'd be able to hear their conversation more clearly" Finn hisses under his breath. 

"You do know they're listening to our every word" Marcel tells Claire as they sit on the opposite side of the barn. Claire smiles fondly at the thought of her over protective mates. "They believe I'm going to harm you"

"We hardly ever see eye-to-eye but I know you'd never harm a pregnant woman let alone a pregnant woman who is mated to them" Claire tells him. "You're angry with us, not suicidal"

"Why did you ask me to come here?" Marcel asks clenching his jaw. Claire sighs and hangs her head. She rubs her stomach lightly.

"I'm sorry" She whispers. Marcel frowns his eyebrows and looks at her. "For Davina" She says meeting his gaze. "I didn't want her dead, she didn't deserve that"

"Then you shouldn't have completed the Harvest" Marcel snapped.

"If we didn't New Orleans would have been destroyed" Claire tells him calmly. "Kaleb thinks-"

"You're still listening to Kaleb" Marcel rolls his eyes. "You never even met him before he conveniently shows up right before the Harvest supposedly needed to be completed."

"I trust him" Claire says. "He's just a guy trying to do the right thing and Archie, my brother mind you, vouches for him whole heartedly"

"Oh, well in that case, I feel much better" Marcel comments sarcastically. Claire sighs taking another breath to keep her temper in check.

"As I was saying" Claire tries again. "Kaleb thinks someone tampered with the ritual. He and my coven are working hard to figure out what went wrong and what we can do to fix this. When they figure it out we'll be able to bring not only Davina but the other girls sacrificed back"

"I won't hold my breath" Marcel snipped standing up.

"I cared about Davina too, I still do" Claire says standing up as well. "And I will bring her back"