*Chapter Forty Six* {Red Door}

*I just want to apologize about the extremely slow updates. I'm trying my hardest. Please don't give up on this story. Thank you all so much for staying with it this far. I promise I'll make the waits worth it.*

Claire holds Madelyn close to her chest

Claire holds Madelyn close to her chest. Her daughters wiggles in her arms slightly but doesn't wake. Claire smiles kissing her daughters forehead while walking into her bedroom. Madelyn sighs softly as Claire tucks her in whispering for her to have sweet dreams.

Claire watches her for a moment before going to Kaylin's room to check in on her youngest. She sighs softly feeling comforted by the fact that both of her daughters are safe and sound asleep.

Silently, Claire slips out of the bedroom and goes to the kitchen. She pours herself a drink, pausing for a moment as she wonders when the last time she had one. It had been over a year since she drank. Smiling slightly, Claire sips on her drink smiling at the familiar taste.

She walks to the living room and lays on the couch watching some TV. She hardly paid attention to the show as she sipped on her drink lost in her thoughts. Tonight her family is working to get the untriggered werewolves out of Esther's grip and somewhere safe. 

Claire wanted to help but her desire to protect her own children caused her to stay behind. She didn't want to leave Kaylin and Madelyn on their own without some sort of protection. 

Most of her family; Kol, Archie, Kaleb, Davina, Penelope and Kai, are out searching for Esther. They knew she would be in or around the cemetery. They were hoping to find her, kidnap her, and separate her from Hanna so that they could finally kill her.

Enzo, Caroline, Rebekah and Asher are at the Abattoir hosting their grand party. It's their attempt at keeping things normal and protecting as many humans as they would. Not only were they looking after the humans but they were keeping their eye out for the untriggered kids. Although, they didn't really know what the kids looked like so they left finding the kids to the werewolves.

However, they refused to let the werewolves work on their own. Elijah and most of the hybrids aided them where they could. Their assistance to the werewolves helped make the werewolves realize that they could count on the hybrids and the Mikaelson's, helped them realize that they were trustworthy.

Henrik and Klaus prowled throughout the city in case Esther wasn't in or near the cemetery. They were hoping to find her, and although they did find somebody, it wasn't their mother.

Finn decided to stay with Claire at the plantation. He was standing on the back porch looking into the woods. He could sense something but couldn't see anything. He trusted Claire's barrier spell she put around the place preventing any unwanted guests from entering but he still felt tense.

Arms wrapping around his waist brings him from his thoughts. He turns his head, covering Claire's hands with his own. She nuzzles her head in between his shoulder blades. His body relaxes against her.