*Chapter Forty One* {Alive and Kicking}

"Kol, stop antagonizing the kids!" Claire shouts from the park bench as her mate scares away every male child away from Madelyn

"Kol, stop antagonizing the kids!" Claire shouts from the park bench as her mate scares away every male child away from Madelyn. The mother of the crying three-year-old gives Claire an annoyed look as she tries to comfort her son. Claire just gives her a shrug and a sympathetic smile.

"You husband seems like a handful," Claire glances to her left to see a middle aged girl sitting next to her.

"Fiancé," She corrects while watching Kol push Madelyn on the swing with an adoring smile. Sitting in the stroller taking a nap beside her is Kaylin. Finn is also with them but left momentarily to grab Claire some food. "And you have no idea,"

"Is that your daughter with him?" She asks and Claire nods.

"That's Madelyn and this is little Kaylin," Claire says readjusting the cover to Kaylin's stroller.

"They're really beautiful children," The woman compliments. Claire smiles and thanks her. "Kaylin looks just like you," Claire smiles a little wider at her daughter. "But she has her father's eyes,"

"Yeah, she does" Claire whispers smiling at her daughter fondly. "I'm sorry, what did you say your name was?" Claire asks frowning her eyebrows as she turns back to the woman only to see the seat empty.

Claire stands from the bench and looks around the park. Her hand reaches out for the stroller. She pulls Kaylin close to her before looking towards Kol and Madelyn. Her eyes then notice the middle aged woman not far from her daughter and mate.

"Madelyn, Kol!" Claire shouted to get their attention. "It's time to go," She decided.

"But mom!" Madelyn complained. "We just got here!"

"Let's go, Madelyn," Claire said sternly. "You need to take care of your kitties and ponies" Instantly, Madelyn grins and skips towards her mother.

"Bye grandma!" Madelyn waved at the middle aged as she passes her. Claire frowns her eyebrows and shares a look with Kol. Claire kneels to the ground as Madelyn comes up to her.

"Did you know that woman, Madelyn?" Claire asks grabbing her daughters hands. Madelyn nods as if it were obvious.

"That's grandma" Madelyn shrugs. Claire glances up at Kol, who's standing behind their daughter. He holds her gaze for a moment before looking around for the witch.

"Where have you seen her before?" Claire asks looking back to her daughter.

"I had a dream about her," Madelyn says looking over at Kaylin. "She was blond in the dream though, and she looked different," Madelyn shrugs. Claire looks behind her daughter and sees Kol isn't in sight. "Are we going home now?"

"We're gonna leave in a minute," Claire says standing up. She runs her fingers through her hair as she tries to pinpoint where Kol had gone.

"Papa!" Madelyn darts from Claire's side. The mother goes to grab her but relaxes when she sees Finn walking over to them. Finn effortlessly picks Madelyn up in one arm and rest her on his hip.