*Chapter Twenty Eight* [Ritual]

*Here you go my loves! Another update in the same night! Hope y'all like it!*

"It's getting stronger" Claire mutters watching the wind pick up outside.

"I can probably calm her down a little more" Archie volunteered.

"You've done enough" Kaleb snapped. "You can't take much more, you'll only be hurting yourself" He said slightly frantic.

"Ok, I'll stop" Archie promises sitting back down. Kaleb visibly relaxes. "Siphoning from her was a good idea but I'd say our cushion window is over"

It didn't matter how much Archie siphoned it hardly made a difference. Things would settle down for 30 minutes max before they escalated even higher. The constant over siphoning was starting to take it's toll on Archie.

Kai had managed to convince Penelope to let him do siphon some. Kai was excited to do it because he had never siphoned from someone so powerful. He loved the feeling and was able to siphon more than Archie but even then, it didn't really help Davina for more than 45 minutes.

"I'm just gonna say it, Davina must be sacrificed" Klaus speaks up shrugging. Claire looks down and crosses her arms. One of her mates, Kol, pulls her into his embrace. He kisses the top of her head and rubs her back.

"You know it has to be done, Angel" Kol whispers quietly. She clenches her eyes shut and hugs him tightly.

"No way!" Marcel explodes shoving Klaus, though thankful Claire didn't see it. "You're not touching her!" 

"Ok, I'll let you have this one" Klaus grumbles to Elijah. The older brother sighs glancing at his mate hating how distressed she looked. 

"Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out" Elijah explains. "She's going to die"

"According to Kaleb, a witch who nobody even heard of before this" Marcel snapped glaring at him.

"Careful, Marcel" Archie glares at him.

"That Harvest was working before it was stopped" Elijah says bringing the attention back to him instead of Kaleb, which helped Archie relax.

"I saved Davina from the Harvest, and now you want me to just hand her over?" Marcel growled.

"Do you think any of us are happy about this?" Claire snapped leaving Kol's embrace. "You're not the only one who cares about her, Marcel."

"The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence" Klaus says as Kol pulls Claire back into his embrace, her back against his chest, his arms around her chest and her hands hanging from his arms. "but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire"

"Oh! Now you care about the city" Marcel sneered.

"We ought to, we built it" Elijah reminded him in annoyance.