*Chapter Thirty Six*

"Davina? What are you doing here?" Claire asks as the young adult walks up to her

"Davina? What are you doing here?" Claire asks as the young adult walks up to her. "Not that you're never welcome here, this is your home as well. I just figured you'd be out with your friends longer"

"Yeah, I guess I'm just having a harder time reconnecting with them than I thought" Davina admits shrugging. 

"Have a seat," Claire motions to the rocking chair beside her. "Tell me what's going on" Davina sighs sitting beside her. She takes a moment to collect her thoughts and Claire doesn't react.

"Monique... she's being..." Davina struggles to find the right words.

"A bitch?" Claire suggests. Davina laughs and slowly nods.

"Yeah, a bitch" Claire grins slightly.

"And this is Sophie's niece right?" Claire asks. Davina nods slowly. "Well, bitchiness must be a family trait" Davina smirks lightly. "Is she the only one giving you trouble?"

"No" Davina shakes her head. "They all are. They're following Monique's lead. It's like she's taking over, she's not like she used to be. She talks like she has a direct connection to the ancestors."

"Really?" Claire asks and Davina nods. 

"The rest of the coven, they look up to her. Believe her. So, when she doesn't like me, no one does" Davina mutters looking down at her lap.

"Fuck em" Claire says nonchalantly. Davina glances at her. "Things are different now. They changed the moment they chose you for the harvest. From that moment, everything changed. But it doesn't all have to be for the bad"

"Right now, it seems like everything just keeps going down hill" Davina whispers.

"I know" Claire says reaching over. Davina glances at her as Claire holds onto her hand. She gives Davina's hand a light squeeze. "Before I met the Mikaelson's I lived a normal life" Claire says leaning back into the rocking chair letting go of her hand. "I was blissfully unaware of anything supernatural but of course, that all changed. The Mikaelson's changed and my life changed. I lost friends, I lost family but the down slope didn't last forever. I gained new friends, new family and my life is better now"

"So, I lose the respect and friendship of my coven..." Davina mumbles.

"And you gain the respect and friendship of the most powerful family in the world" Claire tells her. "I'd say that's one hell of a trade" Claire shrugs. Davina gives her a smile. "I could adopt you but you're what? 19?" Claire asks and Davina slowly nods.

"You'd adopt me?" Davina asks frowning her eyebrows.

"If it made you feel accepted, if you needed more proof that you're apart of the family. Yeah," Claire nods. "But seeing that we can't adopt you, we can always just induct you into my coven" Claire tells her. "No offense, but we're probably better than yours" Davina laughs nodding. "Besides, we could use another member. Penelope is running around with Kai, I have no idea where either of them are. Bonnie's off creating her own family with Jamie, she won't be as involved with the coven. Jim's been MIA for a while, we're trying to find him. Point is, we're got open spots" She says grinning at her. "It's up to you"