*Chapter Forty Eight*

*It's finally finished! I hope you guys like it! Tell me what you think! Thank you again so much for all the support! Love you all!*

The basement of the Abattoir is dark and damp. On the floor in the center of the room is a large pentagram. Within the pentagram is Esther Mikaelson. Around her are candles that give her enough light to see within her small prison, everything outside the pentagram is black.

She slowly walks along the invisible barrier. Her eyebrows are frowned and her lips pursed. She continues to go over her more recent plan and how it had failed. She knew she had gotten into Elijah's head but not nearly as deep as she needed too to change him, to make him need her.

The Pleine Lune coven had, yet again, proven to be stronger than she anticipated. Claire is stronger than she anticipated. Esther counts her lucky stars that Claire's not a vampire. She can only imagine the power her son's mate will have should she turn.

Her desperation to turn her children human amplifies. If her son's are human, Claire will have no reason to turn a vampire. Should she succeed in turning them human, they can all be a family once more.

Luckily for her, Esther has another plan up her sleeve. A plan that will either lead to her immediate death or her freedom. A plan she didn't want to use but a plan she can no longer avoid.

"Must you always linger in the darkness?" Esther asks slowly turning around as she senses one of her sons. "Come, Niklaus," She whispers into the shadows. She lifts her hand and beckons him forward. It takes a few moments but Klaus comes within the light of the candles. "I knew you would come," She says lowering her hand.

"I have to admit, I am impressed that this plan worked," Klaus tells her, his eyes looking around her invisible prison. "Do you ever get tired of failing?" Klaus smirks.

"I don't see this as a failure," Esther tells a half truth. While she hadn't gotten deeper in Elijah's mind, she had entered it. It wouldn't take much to push Elijah and have him see things her way, all she had to do was get out and get to him. "Just a learning opportunity and I've been learning a lot about your mate," Esther says leaving an unsettling feeling in Klaus's chest.

"Well, lesson over," Klaus tells her. "You've been outsmarted, yet again," Klaus smirks walking up to the edge of the border. "And this time you will die. This time you won't be coming back,"

"I wouldn't be so sure," Esther whispers. Klaus's eyes narrowed. "I would like to talk to my future daughter-in-law,"

"She's not here," Klaus states, feeling his protectiveness surge. He doesn't know what Esther is thinking and he doesn't like it. He knows she has something in mind for Claire and that knowledge alone makes him want to keep the two separated. "You're dealing with me right now," 

"Trust me," Esther stresses. "She will want to hear what I have to say," Klaus growls glaring at her.

"What could you possibly say to her?" Klaus snarls. "You've done enough damage to this family, to my family. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now,"