*Chapter Twenty One* [Born to Stand Out]

"Thank you for giving him another chance" Davina says greeting Claire and her mates at the door of the Abattoir

"Thank you for giving him another chance" Davina says greeting Claire and her mates at the door of the Abattoir. Claire didn't think it was necessary for the whole clan to be at this meeting, she expected it to go by quickly. She doubted Marcel would try another stunt again and if he did, he would not live for a third one.

"Only for you" Claire told her sincerely. Davina smiles a little bit wider. "Where is he?" Claire asks following her inside.

"I'll get him, make yourselves comfortable" Davina said before striding towards Marcel's direction.

"There's no one here" Henrik notes looking around. "Just us, Marcel and Davina" 

"Good" Klaus mutters. "I'd hate to diminish his army, excuse me, our army any more than we already have" Klaus smirks cockily. Claire smiles and rolls her eyes at him. She kisses his cheek lightly.

"Claire, or should I say your majesty?" Marcel mocks coming into the room with Davina trailing behind him.

"Watch your tone" Finn growls.

"I'm not talking to you errand boy" Marcel snapped. "I'm talking to the one in charge" He said turning his gaze to Claire. "Who would have thought that a petite little girl would have the Mikaelson's bending to her every will with just a snap of her fingers?" He says snapping his own fingers with an amused yet enraged smirk on his face.

"Would you like more time to pout or can we get down to business?" Claire asks tilting her head. "I already have a 5-year-old at home to take care of, plus these idiots, I'd rather keep this meeting short"

"Marcel" Davina says in a low, pleading tone. He glances back at her before sighing.

"I apologize for my behavior when we last met" Marcel says looking back at Claire. "I accept what is happening. I understand that this is... your city now and I will... be happy to serve under you" Marcel says to Claire. 

Claire holds his gaze for a moment before slowly smiling. The smile turns more devious and she slowly shakes her head. Davina tenses and Marcel looks at her confused.

"Oh, Marcel" Claire whispers. "Our deal has expired" She tells him. Marcel presses his lips together and clenches his jaw. "You will no longer be serving under me but working for me, for us" With that being said, Kol and Klaus walk up to him. Kol speeds around him, grabs one of his arms and holds him tightly. Klaus grabs Marcel's other hand and pulls off the boys daylight ring.

"What's going on?!" Marcel thrashes in Kol's grip.

"You fucked up" Kol growls in his ear before releasing him.

"Give me my ring back!" Marcel demanded.

"You only give the secret of the daylight ring to those you trust, correct? You're inner circle" Claire reminds him. Klaus tosses the ring into the air and catches it. "Let's say I'm taking a page out of your book. Until you've gained our trust and proved your loyalty, you will be a nightwalker." Marcel growls clenching his fists. "You will start at the bottom and work your way up. Any power you used to have no longer exists" Claire shakes her head. "Consider this mercy"