*Chapter Twenty Five* {The Casket Girls}

"You're a natural" Kol tells Henrik

"You're a natural" Kol tells Henrik. The two of them were walking through New Orleans. While Henrik felt an instinctual desire to rip out everyone's throat he kept himself in control.

"Do you miss it?" Henrik asks Kol. "The magic?"

"All the time" Kol answers honestly. "I still feel as if there's a piece missing from me, that feeling won't ever go away" Henrik frowns slightly but nods. "Hey, at least you're not stuck on the Other Side again" Kol says patting his back.

"I'll always be happy about that" Henrik nods before coming to a stop. "I've had enough with testing my self control, I want to go home"

"Let's get you some blood first" Kol suggests not wanting him to come to his breaking point at home. Kol knows exactly how tempting Claire's blood is and none of them wanted Henrik to loose control around her.

It had taken an entire day for Elijah's blood to turn Henrik into a vampire. There wasn't much in his system but just enough to save the youngest Mikaelson. When he awoke, Henrik didn't hesitate to complete the transition. He needed more time with his siblings, with Madelyn, and especially with Claire.

While Henrik adapted fairly easily to the new life style, Claire was having a harder time. She thanked her lucky stars that Henrik wasn't taken from her, that she had another chance with him. However, the trauma was almost too much.

Watching Henrik die, not knowing if he had enough of Elijah's blood in his system, brought her nightmares. She dreamt of when she thought Elijah had died by Damon's hand when they first met. She dreamt of Kol's death. She dreamt of the death of her children. She dreamt of the death of Henrik. She even dreamt of when she almost lost Caroline during their time in college.

So much death, so much trauma and it all haunted her. Even when she is awake she couldn't cast away the thoughts. Her protective instincts flared, especially around Madelyn. She hardly let the little girl out of her sight. She had to be convinced to let the little girl continue attending school. She relented but only if she was guarded at all times. She had at least a dozen hybrids surrounding the school and even Bonnie stepped up.

Bonnie managed to get a job inside the school as a secretary. She was able to keep an eye on Madelyn from the inside. Claire felt much more relieved when Bonnie was able to get into the school. Of course, where Bonnie went Jamie followed. The two of them kept a close eye on Madelyn.

Even though the main reason Bonnie and Jamie went to get jobs at the school to protect Madelyn, it wasn't the only reason. Working in a regular job around normal people gave them a break from the supernatural drama.

"Here," Finn says placing a small sandwich in front of his mate. Claire glances at it tiredly and picks it up.

"Thank you" She whispers. Finn sits beside her and she curls into him with the sandwich in hand. "Will you read to me?" She asks quietly.