*Chapter Eleven* {Tangled Up in Blue}

"Are you out of mind? No way" Sophie Deveraux shakes her head sitting on the couch across from the Mikaelson's

"Are you out of mind? No way" Sophie Deveraux shakes her head sitting on the couch across from the Mikaelson's. Claire sat in one of the chairs, which is very comfortable, with Klaus standing very close behind her. Finn sits in the chair beside her while Rebekah paces slightly to the side.

"It's very simple," Rebekah tells her. "We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find a teenage girl"

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get killed" Sophie scoffs. "I'm not an idiot, you have your own coven in this very house, why don't they do it?" Sophie asks glaring at Claire.

"I'd watch your tone if I were you" Finn growled. Claire reaches over and grabs his hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"We've been working very hard to gain Marcel's trust. To infiltrate his inner circle" Claire begins. "If he finds out we're going magic, all of that will be lost and things will turn bloody very quickly," Claire told her. "Listen to our plan and then follow it," Claire said sternly. This time it's Finn who's giving her a comforting squeeze.

"Who's the girl you want to find?" Sophie asks.

"Marcel's secret weapon" Klaus informs her. Sophie frowns her eyebrows. "The way he knows when a witch is using magic-" Rebekah cuts him off.

"Girl about yea high, cute as a button, anger issues?" Rebekah describes. Claire gives her a look wondering if she's already forgotten the girls' name.

"Davina?" Sophie asks knowing exactly who she's talking about. "Where have you seen her?" Claire resists the urge to face-palm. If they knew where they saw her then why would they be asking her to do this spell?

"I don't know," Rebekah says frustratingly. "The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind" Rebekah snapped. Asher enters the room having felt Rebekah's steady rise to anger. Rebekah smiles at him and gravitates towards him.

"Let me cut to the chase. Davina is Marcel's secret weapon. Things will go along much smoother if she is away from him which I assume you witches want as well. We don't know where she is, we're not willing to risk our own witches and our fragile peace with Marcel, ergo, we need your magic"

"Davina would sense is" Sophie shakes her head.

"Unless, of course, another witch" Rebekah rejoins the conversation. "say a traitor, Katie for example" Rebekah grins while Sophie's head snaps over to her recognizing the name. "was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell for and from Davina"

"Katie doesn't deserve to die" Sophie shakes her head. Anger flares in not only Claire but Klaus as well. They both go to snap but Klaus gets there first.

"Sophie Deveraux! You're in no position to be so principled" Klaus snapped marching towards her. "You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic, who know she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?"