*Chapter Thirty Seven* [Turncloak]

*Ok, this is a LONG ass chapter. Sorry it took so long. Please tell me if I did a good job or not when you're done reading it. It took FOREVER to write and my mind feels fried*

"Caroline, have you seen Madelyn's pink princess slippers?" Claire asks slowly moving down the staircase to the main floor of the Abattoir

"Claire" Claire's head snaps up. She freezes on the third to last step of the staircase as she sees Caroline standing next to their mother, Liz Forbes. "Hi" Liz says with a hesitant smile as she takes a small step towards her youngest.

"Mom" Claire says not bothering to hide the shock. 

Claire knew her mom was coming to New Orleans, Claire wanted her here for the birth but now that she's actually there Claire felt mixed emotions. She tries to push all the drama from Mystic Falls to the back of her head but it was hard. Claire knew she needed to move on, Mystic Falls was years ago. They've both changed and Claire wanted Liz to be apart of Madelyn and her new baby's lives.

"I didn't know you were going to be here today" Claire says slowly walking down the remainder of the steps.

"I got an earlier flight, I didn't want to miss the birth" Liz says rubbing her hands together nervously. "I hope that's alright..."

"It's perfect" Claire smiles. "I'm really glad you're here" Liz smiles slowly relaxing. Claire looks behind her and at Caroline who's grinning from ear to ear. Claire rolls her eyes at her sister. "I'm sure Caroline will be able to show you to your room"

"Come on, mom" Caroline speaks up grabbing one of Liz's bags. Caroline walks past Claire and up the stairs.

"Thank you for inviting me to be here" Liz says walking up to Claire.

"I wanted you to be here" Claire says grabbing Liz's hand. Liz smiles giving Claire's hand a gentle squeeze before following after Caroline. Claire sighs softly and rubs her stomach.

"Well, everything's set up, Caitlin and her family is settled into the hotel down the street. Liz has made it here safely," Henrik says walking up to Claire snapping her out of her thoughts. "Now all we have to do is wait for this one to come out" He says placing his hands on either side of her stomach. Claire smiles at his hands before looking up at him.

"I can't wait, I'm so tired of having this baby in my stomach" Claire tells him. "I just want her out and I want her in my arms"

"She'll be here soon" Henrik says grinning at her. He leans forward and kisses her forehead. "You look beautiful"

"I look like a balloon" Claire deadpans.

"Who doesn't like balloons?" Henrik asks smirking. "They're the life of the party" Claire smiles  at him.

"Mommy! I found my slippers!" Madelyn shouts from upstairs. "They were in my room just like you said!"

"Of course they were" Claire laughs shaking her head.