*Chapter Fifty Four* {The Devil is Damned/They All Asked for You}

*So, I skipped a bunch of episodes like I said I would and this chapter starts to get back into the season. There's a couple scenes from a couple episodes in here and I hope you like it!*

 There's a couple scenes from a couple episodes in here and I hope you like it!*

"So..." Claire drags out, sitting on one side of a table with the oldest Mikaelson sitting across from her. Her nails tap on the wooden top as the pair of women wait for the rest of the Mikaelson bunch to arrive. Cami, not knowing how this meeting was going to go down, decided to close the bar early in order to give them privacy. "You're Freya Mikaelson."

"I am," The fellow blonde nods. "And you're Claire Mik- wait, it's still Forbes, isn't it?" Freya questions tilting her head. "I've seen mated pairs before. They don't normally wait long to complete the bond and get married. If marriage is what they want. Yet, you just have an engagement ring and no wedding band."

"It's been a long year and a half," Claire states, her voice void of emotion as she keeps herself in check. She knew Freya was feeling her out just like Claire was doing to her. 

"But you've known them for longer than that," Freya mentions. Claire's eyebrows frown ever so slightly. "I did my research before coming here. You've known them since you were in high school. So, has it just been a long six or so years?"

"You may have done your research but don't assume you understand what's going on and what has happened. The pace things are going is perfect for us and that's all that matters. If that bothers you, please know I couldn't care less," Claire says.

"Well, do you have a date set? I doubt you want to spend the rest of your life engaged."

"Things were starting to settle down for us to pick up planning again but then you came and another is stirring trouble. We'll get married but there's no rush. I'm devoted to them as they're devoted to me. The rest is truly a formality. It would be nice to complete the ceremony but it's not necessary."

Freya hums. The two fall back in a tense silence. Neither of them look away from the other. Claire didn't understand Freya's push for a wedding that doesn't involve her. Whether Freya was trying to create tension or doubt within Claire was unclear but a waste of time. Her mates had her full trust just as she had theirs. No woman, family or not, was going to plant seeds of doubt within their relationship.

"So, Freya, you're obviously not dead. Why show up now?" Claire asks, turning the spotlight around.

"I'll answer that when the others arrive. Don't feel like repeating myself," Freya tells her. Claire hums.

Claire thinks back to when Freya first walked into the bar. After she declared herself as a Mikaelson, Cami began closing up and Claire sent Davina and Jeremy to retrieve her mates along with Rebekah. On their way out, Freya had said something that didn't sit right with Claire.

"Tell my brothers and sister that I've slept for a hundred years and now, finally, I'm free. Tell them to come join us and that I expect nothing less than their best behavior."