*Chapter Forty*

*Kaylin's birthday is March 3rd. It's different from Hope cause she's a different kid and this is a different timeline. Now, if you're the type of person who actually kept track of Claire and her pregnancy stuff then you'll notice that this doesn't exactly lineup. Technically Kaylin should have been born in February according to my timeline but I'm tweaking it slightly. Last chapter Kaylin was about 3 maybe 4 months, this chapter she's around 5 months old. Just a remind Madelyn's birthday is December 18th and she's currently 6 years-old.*

"I miss being able to sleep in in the mornings," Claire whispers burying her head into Finn's neck as Kaylin cries through the baby monitor

"I miss being able to sleep in in the mornings," Claire whispers burying her head into Finn's neck as Kaylin cries through the baby monitor. Finn tiredly chuckles holding her closer to him.

"I'm sure Klaus will be getting her," Finn whispers gently massaging her back. Claire releases a small sigh and relaxes against him.

"Unless Klaus suddenly decides to start lactating, I'm going to have to get up" She mumbles against his neck. Finn chuckles turning his head to kiss her forehead before letting her up. She yawns and reluctantly stands up. "She's as needy as Madelyn used to be"

"She's a baby, Princess" Finn reminds her.

"I know, I know... I just can't wait until she can walk to the fridge and get her own damn milk" Finn chuckles again as Claire tiredly pulls on her robe. "I'm going to see Caroline today, the two of us were planning on going shopping for Madelyn and Kaylin. Would you like to come with us?"

"And help Enzo carry the bags?" Finn smirks knowingly. She gives him an innocent smile. "I'd love to," Finn nods.

"Great, we'll leave after breakfast" Claire says before slipping out of the room going towards the nursery. 

"Good morning, love" Klaus says lowly not wanting to speak too loudly knowing Claire was still waking up.

"Klaus, it's six in the morning and you're already dressed" Claire notices. "Have a date with someone I don't know about?" Claire teases. Klaus growls at the thought of being with someone else. "Relax, I know you wouldn't do that" She whispers when she's beside him. He growls possessively and pulls her against his chest.

"You're mine" He rumbles tightening his hold around her. Claire wakes up instantly as Klaus plants his his lips on hers. Her back arches slightly and her arms drape around his. Kaylin begins to scream again causing them to pull apart. 

"Your daughter complains almost as much as you do," Claire mutters. Klaus rolls his eyes but smiles. Claire laughs a bit and picks her daughter up. "I've got you, shhh, I've got you" Claire whispers bouncing slowly while moving towards the chair. "Are you hungry, baby girl? Are you hungry?" Claire smiles at Kaylin before she begins to breastfeed her. "So, why are you already up and ready for the day? The sun is barely above the horizon"

"Elijah and I have a meeting with the factions," Klaus says. Claire raises an eyebrow at him. "It's nothing important, just some meaningless topics" He shrugs. Claire gives him a look. "If it becomes something, I promise you, you will know"