*Chapter Sixteen* {Multiple Episodes}

"Mystic Falls?" Penelope questions when her and Alondra arrive

"Mystic Falls?" Penelope questions when her and Alondra arrive. "It seems so... empty" 

"Welcome to the prison world" Alondra smiles at her feeling her own excitement. "Come on, he's around here somewhere" Alondra begins to walk down the street. Penelope quickly follows her throwing her dark hair up into a ponytail.

"So why Mystic Falls? What is this place?" Penelope asks.

"A place where Mal is completely alone. They trapped him here so he can't hurt anybody" Alondra tells her. Penelope remembers Alondra telling her a little bit about his past. A normal person would fear him after what he's done but Penelope didn't feel fear, she felt nervous but the good kind.

"So, how do we find him?" Penelope asks looking around the place.

"We look" Alondra shrugs. "He'll probably find us first, if he hasn't already. He's clever, sly. I wouldn't be surprised if he was watching us already" Alondra smiles to herself.

"How does this place work?" Penelope asks.

"It's the same day over and over again. May 10th, 1994" Alondra explains to her. 

"How old is he?" Penelope asks.

"22" Alondra explains. "Or in '94 he was but you don't age in the prison world so he'll still look 22" Penelope nods slowly.

"So, he's about 43" Penelope says after a moment of mental math. Alondra frowns her eyebrows and turns to Penelope.

"More like 39" Alondra says. Penelope tilts her head and raises her eyebrows. "Don't you have math in your world? 1994 minus 22 is 1972" Alondra explains.

"Yeah, I got that and then 2015 minus 1972 is 43" Penelope tells her. Realization crosses Alondra's face.

"It's 2015?" Alondra asks. Penelope frowns her eyebrows and slowly nods. "No way" Alondra laughs a bit. "It's 2011 where I'm from."

"Oh, well that makes sense" Penelope nods. Alondra grins before walking down the street again. 

"You wouldn't happen to know any winning power ball numbers would you?" Alondra grins. Penelope laughs and shakes her head. Alondra snaps sarcastically. "Come on, I have an idea of where he might be" Penelope nods and follows her towards the grocery store.

"Claire used to work here" Penelope tells her. "She quit a little bit before I met her when she found Elijah" Alondra's heart pangs at the sound of his name. Then it hits her. She's trying to find her mate only he isn't her mate, he's Penelope's.

"Come on, he's around here somewhere" Alondra mutters wondering around the store. Feeling like she could use a little snack, Penelope breaks away from Alondra.

"Mmm" Penelope mutters to herself as she grabs some butterscotch pudding. She peels open the top and doesn't bother looking for a spoon. She simply digs her finger into the pudding and scoops it out.