*Chapter Thirty* [Truths]

*A little shorter than what I would have liked but I hope you still enjoy it*

"Hello, Henrik" Claire smiles at her mate walking up to him in his room. He instantly turns towards her and smiles. The stress and worries of the day seem to fade away quickly as he circles his arms around her.

"How's your day been, Angel?" He asks kissing her forehead.

"Oddly silent" She tells him looking at with curious eyes. He inwardly tenses but gives her a smile.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asks caressing her cheek hoping to distract her with his touch. It almost worked. She turns her head into his hand and kisses his palm lightly before grabbing it and lowering it back to his side.

"It wouldn't be if we were a normal family, but we're not, are we?" She asks tilting her head. "Klaus has been avoiding me, same goes for Elijah. Even you seem to be distant. The only ones acting normal are Kol and Finn. Something's up"

"Nothing is wrong, love" He lies to her hesitantly. She raises an eyebrow at him. He tries not to squirm in his spot. "We're been dealing with so much trouble and drama recently that when presented with an easy, relaxed day, you immediately think something is wrong"

"That's because I know you, love" She says patting his cheek lightly. "And I know your brothers. There is nothing normal about our family so when things happen to turn out normal, I know something is up and I know you are keeping something from me"

"Why can't you just take the normal, relaxed day?" He pleads.

"Because we don't keep secrets" She tells him. "Henrik, we're going to be married eventually, we don't hide things from each other."

"We're just trying to protect you" He whispers.

"Lying to me isn't protecting me it's just pissing me off" She tells him. Henrik presses his lips together and looks even more uncomfortable. "Just tell me what's going on" She whispers rubbing his chest sensually.

"Someone is killing vampires, it's a witch dealing with dark magic" Elijah admits from behind her. She turns away from Henrik and faces him. While Henrik felt relieved to not have her stare on him he looked at Elijah confused. 

"And why couldn't I know that?" Claire asks confused.

"Because this witch is copying a symbol we haven't seen in a very long time. A symbol that belonged to a very dangerous man and we didn't want you near that" Elijah tells her.

"So, you keep it from me?" Claire asks softly.

"Klaus didn't want to risk you going out on your own with this copycat running around." Elijah explained. Claire slowly nods in realization.

"He doesn't trust me" She whispers. "Not that I exactly blame him"

"Don't be upset with him, Elskan" Elijah pleads walking closer to her. "He just wants to keep you safe, keep you both safe" He said his fingers grazing her swollen stomach.