*Chapter Four*

"Did I make the right decision?" Claire whispers hugging herself

"Did I make the right decision?" Claire whispers hugging herself. "Am I right bringing them here?" Claire asked looking up at Elijah. She's leaning against the door into the office. He stands from his seat at the desk.

"You need your coven here." He says walking towards her. "You're their leader. Their stronger with you and your stronger with them. Right now, we need to be as strong as we can be. You're right to bring them here" Elijah assures her. He pulls her into his arms and she lays her head on his chest. "You didn't force them to come, you didn't demand anything. You explained the situation and you asked, their coming because they want too. Because they care about you."

"I don't think I would ever forgive myself if something happened to them because I asked for their help" Claire whispers. Elijah kisses the top of her head gently.

Once Claire realized the threat that resides in New Orleans, how the witches are already making the Mikaelson's their enemies, she knew she would need her own coven. She needs her family, her witches that she can trust to have her back. She hated having them uproot themselves and come to New Orleans to help her out of her mess but as Elijah said, the coven is stronger together and they need to be as strong as they can be.

"They know that there's danger, they know the risk. I cannot promise that nothing is going to happen but I can promise that I will do everything in my power to keep you, this child and our family safe." Elijah promises her. Claire smiles and looks up at him. "It's going to be alright. We have hybrids, we have trustworthy witches, we have each other. We'll be unstoppable" He smiles at her.

"I love you" Claire whispers to him as Christian, one of the hybrids, walks down the hallway towards them. Claire turns her head and smiles at him. "Hey" Christian smiles back and nods.

"They're here" He informs her. She grins widely knowing exactly who he's talking about. Her nervousness disappears for the moment and she darts past him hurriedly. She zooms down the stairs and towards the door. She opens it and grins at the new comers.

"I am so happy you're here, thank you for coming" Claire said instantly. Hanna smiles and instantly pulls Claire into a much needed hug.

"We're family, you call we come" Hanna said holding her tightly. Claire clings to her before reluctantly pulling away. Hanna smiles at her softly as she takes in Claire's appearance. She could see how hard this is for Claire, how terrified she is about the pregnancy situation.

"I hope I won't be keeping you all here for long" Claire said letting Hanna go. Claire didn't want to keep them here seeing as they've been living in Mystic Falls for years. Maybe once everything is over, they'll want to return. She didn't want to take over their lives, she just needed their help at the moment.

Hanna enters the house, behind her is Hanna's mother and father. Claire grins at the two of them. Hanna's mother greets Claire first.

"Nonsense dear," Bethany, says pulling Claire into a hug. "You're our coven leader, without you our coven is practically powerless" She said. "And without us, so are you." She reminds Claire the importance of the coven sticking together. Hearing not only Elijah tell her this but Bethany as well helps keep Claire calm, helps her know she's doing the right thing. "Besides, we'll show these New Orleans witches just who their fucking with" Bethany grins and winks at Claire. Claire giggles and instantly smiles back.