Chapter 95 - Part 2

Harry and I both intended to wake up early the next day but after having gone to sleep at around three o'clock it was impossible that we'd wake up by sunrise. It didn't mean we didn't try to - it just meant the both of us grumbled, annoyed, through our alarms telling the other to switch it off before we continued sleeping.

Having said that, whilst I might not have woken up at sunrise, I did wake up when the room was beginning to get brighter as it appreciated the arrival of the morning. I couldn't stay in bed a second longer when I'd remembered where we were, excitement coursing within me. So I rose from the bed, slowly so as to not wake a sleeping Harry whose arm was wrapped around me so it was quite difficult but I didn't want to ruin his sleep when he was the one that needed his rest the most.

I'd collected my night robe from the sofa seat that I'd left it on the night before, wrapping it around me as I felt its' fuzzy embrace before making my way to the window. I made sure to tiptoe because something Harry and I realised last night was that the floorboards were quite creaky and I really didn't want to wake Harry yet.

It was as I did all of that that I appreciated the atmosphere in the room that was setting - it was almost like some sense of magic was lingering through the morning air. And whilst it partly might have been just the feeling of waking up in a new place that got me feeling like that, I was also certain that it was also because of the golden beams of sunshine that had entered the room, through the curtains, as it signaled a call for the early morning, particularly as it broke through the misty haze outside that I could see as I stepped closer to the window.

A lake. In the distance, behind clipped hedgerows and shrubs, and a crazy mix of sycamore and pine trees, hidden away was the most gleaming and glistening lake ever. Lake Windermere, I'd smiled to myself as the glimpse of it excited me like a child on Christmas morning. I wasn't sure if Harry knew about the lake that was tucked away so far yet so near to our cottage because I certainly had no idea last night.

It thrilled me, knowing how close we were to it and even though there was nothing on my mind since I'd woken apart from the urge to step my feet out in the mystical world that awaited us, this had made me even more impatient.

Yet, looking at a beautifully rested Harry reminded me that it was only a while longer that I needed to wait since Harry, too, would instantly wake when he'd felt the sun enter the room. So I turned back to the window to just appreciate the morning's beauty and all its' glory.

The predominant sound of nature encapsulated me and piqued my interest more than anything. Nothing was more peaceful than the gentle warbles of the birds, readying themselves for their day as they bid farewell to their nests. Nothing was more delightful than hearing those very birds bounce off of each other's calls, almost as though they were communicating with one another.

But what prevailed and remained the sound that sung its' heart out in beauty was the silence that journeyed its' way around us and through every hall of the cottage and every square inch of the place. It was the silence that led to the ability to stand in restful contemplation; to hear the sound of one's own mind rather than the meaningless chatter of the world. This was what truly mattered.

Our relationship with the world exists without any aid of humans. It became a humbling thought to think, that every living thing in this place had no worry nor concern over us being here - they just relished themselves within the company of their own and got on with their day. The truth was we were nothing but trivial voyagers, walking through life whilst the world continued spinning and going around. We weren't in control and we needed to stop acting like we were.

It was also a comforting thought at the same time - that here, Harry and I could be just Harry and Jasmine. For once, we felt worthless and I know I could also speak on behalf of Harry when I say that it was a rather lovely feeling, though it may sound weird, purely because we didn't have to put on any front.