Chapter 51

Quiet.

My phone was quiet for more than a week.

The only thing that was going on with my phone was my texts and calls with Alex, Hannah and Harry. There was no sign of my best friend. I was confused. Of course, I was glad I wasn't getting any texts but I remembered that before the break-in, it was eerily silent aswell. So I was just beyond scared. 

For the last week, I hadn't gone out anywhere. I just stayed at home and was stuck beside Mum and Dad, apart from when I had to go to work and in that case I stuck beside Anthony at all times. And whilst I'm at work and Mum and Dad are at home, there are also a few security guards around to make sure that safety is tight at home. They're also lovely people- not at all the way I thought they would be. They're funny, caring and polite but also amazing at their job. I also told Melissa to just be a little careful since I was beyond petrified. I lived every minute for the last seven days in nothing but fear.

And it scared me because it was nearing the time that Mum and Dad would be going back to Australia which meant that I would be along again soon.

From: Big Bro
Look who's with me ;p

Harry had just reached LA and Alex went to pick him up

Harry had just reached LA and Alex went to pick him up. Harry said that if he had to pick a place he felt like home in the world, that wasn't London or Holmes Chapel, he told me it would have to be Los Angeles. That made Alex super happy as he bragged about it but I vowed to him that I would make Sydney feel like his home. But I knew it was highly unlikely. Los Angeles was obviously a place he liked a lot because he had almost three properties there.

Harry Skyped a while later whilst Mum, Dad and I were all sitting together and I answered the call, excited to see whether Amy was happy or not at seeing Harry. But when I noticed that they were in the car still, so on the journey home, I was disappointed. I wanted to see Amy straight away!

"Hey Mum, Dad!" Alex said as he drove on the wrong side of the road which infuriated me. Mum and Dad then had a brief conversation with Alex, but mainly just let him drive without any disturbance.

"Ew, get away." I scrunch my nose as a joke when Harry points the camera at Alex.

"Nobody said they wanted to look at you anyway." Alex shrugs at me, before turning his attention to the road.

"Harry, does it not feel weird on that side of the road?" I asked.

"It is slightly weird." Harry chuckled. "I feel like I'm supposed to be driving, not holding my phone in my hand."

"65% of the world drives on the right side, Jasmine."

"Why are you forgetting your roots for, Alex?" I said. "The UK and Australia both drive on the left. Stay connected to your roots."

And luckily, Alex had nothing to say to that.

"How are you, Tracy? Alistair?" Harry asks my parents who were sat beside me, also paying attention to the video call.