Chapter 121

On the days away from the office, my focus shifted to unravelling the mystery of my stalker's identity. Despite the notion that meeting them might be a foolish idea, an irresistible urge gnawed at me, compelling me to confront them head-on. Webster was my go-to contact in this pursuit, keeping me informed that the elusive figure was adept at digital concealment. While the technical jargon he employed sailed over my head, the clear message was that uncovering the stalker's identity was becoming increasingly challenging, especially since they had ceased all forms of communication.

I found myself on the brink of reaching out, my finger hesitating over the 'send' button, contemplating a text that could potentially lead to regret. Just as I teetered on the edge of a decision, Harry coincidentally called me, almost as if he sensed the peril I was about to plunge into. His timely intervention spared me from a move I might have lamented.

Choosing to keep this impulse to myself, I recognised that disclosing such intentions to Harry prematurely would likely provoke his ire. So I refrained from sharing it, acting completely normal on the phone call with him. If I aimed to do this, to get my stalker myself, I needed him on my side. So, I planned to confide in him before taking any further steps, but that conversation had to wait until he was physically present.

Fortunately, the moment I anticipated arrived soon enough.

It was the peak of summer, and the One Direction boys, sweaty and tired, touched down at Heathrow Airport. Eager and excited, I couldn't sit still at home; instead, I was early and waiting at the airport, ready to pick up Harry. This was it, I thought to myself. This would be the last time for a very long time that I'd be separate from my Harry - unless for whatever promo they had left for their final album. But hopefully, I'd go along with them for that. We would never be separated again.

As Harry approached me with long strides that strayed from the rest of the boys, his grin widened, and he nonchalantly adjusted his bag on his shoulder. His long locks were tied back in a bun, like most days now, and he had a sense of freshness that he effused. I couldn't help the smile that took over my own face, as I took my sunglasses off immediately. Almost like they were pointless, I shoved them in my bag, as I waited for him to make his way past the barrier between us so that I could run straight to him.

He laughed once he saw my little dance in anticipation. He couldn't walk faster, could he? It certainly felt like the walk over was much longer than it probably was, but maybe it was because seeing him, with the knowledge that we'd be together forever every single day, had me an impatient mess. As soon as he was in front of me, he spared a brief glance at Anthony, exhanging quick 'hi's' with him and handed his bag and suitcase over, before directing his full attention on me. "Missed me so much you had to come pick me up, babe?" he teased, effortlessly lifting me off the ground as I eagerly embraced him.

"So much, my love," I hummed. "Missed you so much," I repeated, savoring the warmth of his presence. I breathed in the familiar scent that wrapped around me. He'd just showered, I noted to myself. I reached up to thread my fingers through his hair, though it wasn't that hard to do when they were touching his shoulders. They were slightly damp, which proved me correct. He smelled amazing.

A gentle laugh escaped him as he set me back down, and he showered me with kisses. "So did I, just so you know," he admitted with a tender smile. "I couldn't even sleep because I was so excited. This is it, baby. That was the last time I'll ever be away from you for tour for a long time now." His eyes wore the brightest glint, devoid of any tiredness that I'd seen on him moments before he'd come over. He was just as excited to be back home for the unforseeable future, atleast.

My heart swelled with a mix of joy and relief. His words promised an end to the heartache of distance, and in that moment, the air was filled with a sense of completion, as if we were embarking on a journey where each step was tethered to the rhythm of our intertwined lives. "I've been counting the moments till today," I confessed, my gaze locked with his. "No more goodbyes, Harry." I grinned.