Chapter 78

"Glenne." Harry says as a girl around our age walked inside the apartment.

"Yeah, I should have mentioned that you'd know my roommate." Webster says, his tone suggesting awkwardness.

"Roommate?" Harry says but then clears his voice. "That's alright." He says to Webster before looking down at me and I was still trying to figure out who this person was. Glenne... I thought to myself and tried to see if Harry ever mentioned her before and it did ring a bell but I wasn't sure exactly how.

"Camden." Harry mouths to me, trying to hint it to me as he figured that I had no idea. And luckily the hint helped because I remembered right then who she was. She was the one who dumped Harry and moved to Texas, came back and used Harry's fame.

"Dirty look?" I mouth back to him and he just smiles, before holding my hand, remembering the conversation we'd had that day in Camden.

"Is that Harry?" Glenne says immediately. "Oh my, what a tiny world, Harry! How are you?" She walks over to us and pulls Harry in for a hug immediately. 

And although I didn't want to, I couldn't help but focus on every movement she made. She was way more classy than I could ever be. Wearing a pinstripe skirt and heels, I could tell she was probably going somewhere. But you would only dress like that for work and it was a Saturday. I shrugged it off me as I watched her blow two kisses to each side as she hugged Harry. Yeah, very classy. I could smell her perfume and it smelt as though it was some exotic, high brand one and was tingling my nose. I really didn't want to judge her but I couldn't help doing it, knowing the way Harry was treated by her. I could also tell that he was really uncomfortable in this situation.

"Who's this?" Glenne says as she looks at me. I change the weight of my feet, feeling slightly awkward under this attention.

"My wife." Harry responds before clearing his throat to clarify what he was saying. "Jasmine, this is Glenne. She went to mine and Webster's school. Glenne, this is Jasmine, my wife."

"Oh." Glenne raises an eyebrow when she looks at me. "Very well." She replies. "Anyway, I left something behind. I'm getting late and Denzel and Kaysha are waiting downstairs, so I'll just leave." She says, looking mainly at Harry before walking away into a different room.

"Webster, you could have told me the other day." Harry says, looking at Webster, his voice really low.

"I'm sorry mate. It just slipped my mind entirely." Webster responds, clearly aware that Glenne and Harry had history.

"It's fine." He sighs. "I don't meant to get annoyed at you; I'm just in shock."

"I understand." He nods his head. "You want a few moments?"

"No, no." Harry responds, standing straighter. "Let's get on with it."

"Okay, who's phone was it again? Jasmine, right?" He checks and I nod my head before taking my phone out of my purse and handing it to him as we take a seat on the sofa beside him. Harry shakes his head as he takes it from my hand before Webster could take it. He opens up the messages app and then passes it to Webster, causing me to internally face palm at my stupidity. Of course I needed to do that but it somehow just slipped my mind entirely.

"I'm going to need to track their VPN address and see what I get from that. But the thing is, if those people are equally amazing at hacking and all that, then they've managed to hide their VPN really well." Webster says as he checks through the texts. "God, these are vile."

"See, I had people who I got to do that but we weren't able to find anything out." Harry explains.

"Yeah, but they're not going to be as effective as what people like I can do." He says in response.