Chapter 100

This was probably one of the hardest chapters I ever wrote. I hope you guys like it, please let me know! <3

Harry's POV

It's crazy how something can happen in just a matter of a moment and your life takes a complete turn. I mean, to be fair, it was highly obvious that something would have gone wrong that evening - anyone would have been able to say, just by looking at the size of the crowd. It either would have been us, or another customer from inside the restaurant, a pedestrian, or the people in the crowd but something was bound to happen to someone that night.

And it hurt me when I saw Jasmine, lying on the ground. I was hoping the whole time that everyone would have left the place safely, but when Jasmine's hand slipped out of mine, I found myself wishing that it was me who would have taken the fall and not her.

I remember I stood there for a few seconds, unable to process it all. It was numbing to have to watch her like that and there was nothing I wanted more than to hold her in my arms and wake her up. Yet no amount of calls was ever going to be enough, sadly. 

"Jasmine, baby, I love you. You can't do this to me." I'd said, a tear drop rolling from my eye to fall atop her cheek. I couldn't care that there were so many people around me, watching my every move - I just couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

 As she slowly drifted away into a state oblivion, one that I was hoping and praying was only temporary, I cried to her, telling her to just hold on - to open her eyes. It would have been all I needed. But she didn't. She probably couldn't, but I was being so selfish that when I'd seen her eyes close shut, I was so angry at her.

Why wasn't she trying harder?

"Harry, did you hear me?" Was what has pulled me out of my spiral of thoughts. I turned to look at Jeff who was stood beside us, towering over me and Jasmine. "The ambulance is on its' way."

Wiping at my eyes, I'd turned to look at him, even though Jasmine was laying in my arms, unconscious yet demanding my attention. I merely nodded at him, observing how Glenne was beside him, both wearing concerned expressions on their faces. "Can we take her to a secluded area?" I'd asked, with a frown.

"We can't." Anthony frowned, having been stood merely a little while away from us. "But we will get some privacy. I called security and they'll be here shortly. I'm not sure if the police-"

"Can - can we not? I'd really rather us deal with this stuff privately." I grimaced, quite disturbed at the thought of how much this would look like a circus show. "I understand security but we really don't have to get the police over when there is nothing to-"

"Harry, the person assaulted her. Of course the police is needed here."

"And we can deal with it behind closed doors." I'd insisted.

"Harry, the guy dropped some of his belongings when running into her. He intended on hurting her and it wasn't supposed to just be by knocking her out flat - they obviously didn't expect to have an audience and did what they could and ran off. The police need to be here."

"Bu-"

"Harry," Glenne crouched down beside me. "Right now isn't the time to worry about the media coverage on the matter, or your privacy. It's about resolving this issue. And it's about focusing on Jasmine. Please, just let things happen as they are and put your energy into what actually matters - Jasmine."

She was right. Why was I so panicked about the scene it would create when my only worry should really be whether my wife will be okay?

I'd nodded my head, thanking her, before I turned to Jasmine once again.