Chapter 37

I was going to wait atleast two more days to post this chapter, but a beautifully lovely reader, @SaharAbarkani, has her birthday today. So I want everyone to be lovely and post a quick Happy Birthday message here and spread love, because, well as Harry stans- that's what we do, right? Spread love and treat people with kindness! So, love, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day! By the way, the video's Harry Styles singing Happy Birthday, cuz why not?

Harry's POV

We were coming back to London after an extremely long part of the tour and I knew that I could say on behalf of all the boys that we were just beyond happy and excited to be home again. The level of exhaustion and tiredness over the past few weeks was insane. Sleepless nights turned into sleepless days even though all throughout the day and night, we could only think about sleep. But work was obviously more important and we had a record to get out and a tour to finish. It was getting to a point where breakfast was eaten on the way to the arena in the car, lunch was just a fruit whilst we rehearsed for the show in the evening and dinner was either forgotten or was an unhealthy takeaway as we drove to the next place or got ready for a recording session in our makeshift studio. There was no time to eat, sleep or relax and certainly no time to enjoy ourselves. 

I think that was the reason that we all enjoyed performing because it was the spaced where we felt like we weren't working. We could just sing to our hearts' desires and be as crazy as we wanted. And all that, was making our fans happy. So it was honestly a win-win situation in that perspective. It made us happy and it made them happy. We just wish we slowed down a little bit. It wasn't necessary to release four albums and tour them in four years and who know how many more we're going to do.

The flight was going to land in just over half an hour and we were all just impatient by this point. We wanted nothing but to get home and sleep. 

And as I remembered the incident with Eleanor and Jasmine, I know Louis and I both would agree that we wanted to be there as fast as possible so that we could keep them both safe. It was unlikely that paparazzi would have been in a huge shopping mall; I didn't even know if that was legal. So if it wasn't allowed and they risked it, clearly they were either extremely stupid and didn't know or they were risky and didn't care about potentially losing their jobs. And they both scared me the same amount. I was just hoping that it was a one time thing that wouldn't happen again. It didn't seem likely. And I was just glad that the person who posted the video the day of the interview had stopped texting Jasmine. It lessened the risk this all had and I could see it as two separate events which was comforting.

"Harry, you good?" Zayn asked me as he sat beside me, pulling me out of my train of throughts.

"Yeah, Zayn." I smiled softly at him. Zayn was like my little brother and older brother at the same time. We both felt the strong need to just look after each other. He'd look after me if I was clumsy - which I definitely was a lot - and I'd look after him whenever something was bothering him. He was definitely the more intelligent one out of the pair of us but had to play the quiet and mysterious one and it pained me to see him wanting to talk sometimes but not actually doing anything because he had to be quite quiet.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked, taking a sip of his water from the bottle that was in his hands.

"Do you get tired?" I ask. "Of all of this. Doesn't it get too much, sometimes?"

"It does." He nods his head. "I love this job; I love you boys and I love the fans. But it gets too loud sometimes out there. And I don't mean literally." He said and I understood that he meant the constant demands that we had to meet, the expectations we had to live up to and the things we had to hear as scrutiny for whatever we did do.