Chapter 64

So!! Guess who was in SPAINNNN!!!

It was legit the best time of my life. It was a college trip and so I went with my friends and we literally had so much fun. I would legit love to do it all over again!

But yeah, that's why I hadn't updated for a while!

~.~.~.~

Unknown: I tell you this all the time, Jasmine but I'll say it again. Harry being back doesn't mean you're safe. Especially not when you look the way you do. Everyone's out to get you. Just remember that.

~.~.~.~

"And that's my childhood in a wrap." I say as we leave the gates of my primary school to walk back to the car.

As promised, that Saturday, I was taking Harry around my childhood ends.

"You don't seem to have enjoyed much though." Harry notes.

"A lot of memories have been triggered, I guess." I say. "I certainly don't miss these days."

"Yeah?" Harry frowns.

"Yeah." I sigh. "It was nice to come back though."

"You want to talk about it?"

"Not really." I respond. "Thanks for asking." I smile up at him. "Let me show you some happier places. Can you check the parking permit?" I tell Harry and he runs off to one of the signs to read what it says.

"Yeah, we can leave it here." Harry responds once he checks it.

"Okay." I smile. "Follow me." I reach my hand out behind me to tell him to grab hold of my hands and he does so, catching up to me. "That's the corner shop I told you about, where I'd buy the blueberry muffins and other random sweets."

"Let's see if they still have the muffins." Harry suggests to which I nod my head, grinning and we cross the road to go to the corner shop.

"Do you think they might recognise you?" Harry asks me.

"I doubt it. The last time I obviously came here was when I was 11. I'm now 21, a whole 10 years later-" I say as we enter the shop and notice Caroline sitting at the till.

"That's Caroline." I say to Harry, whispering. "She was always the shopkeeper and we used to talk almost every day."

"Then she definitely would remember you." Harry says as we walk into the shop and Caroline's head turns our way. She's much older than I remember her. She was a woman in her late forties or early fifties and she's now definitely much older but hasn't managed to look a day older than she did all that time before.

"My, is it Jasmine? David Scott's Jasmine?" She puts her glasses on to look at me carefully and Harry just smiles at me softly.

"Caroline." I smile. "It is. How are you doing?" I ask, all the memories with her flooding back. She was the one person in this whole city who actually made me feel loved and cared for. I'd sometimes come to just hang out at her shop and she's listen to me rant about different stuff every day.

"Oh, my darling! How you've grown!" She gets out of her seat to come over to me. "I'm good, thank you. Still got those amazing manners, I see! David and Lily taught you well." She pulls me in for a hug and I hug her back. "How are you, love?"

"I'm good." I smile. "Can't believe this, honestly!"

"I know! It's such a surprise." She smiles.