Chapter 115

Eleanor, Louis and Niall dropped by one morning and were beyond thrilled and they just brought the energy to another level.

"Jasmine!" Eleanor squealed, running straight into mine and Harry's bedroom, pushing the door wide open and grinned so wide, the moon looked smaller in comparison.

"Eleanor." I laughed, the minute she ran in and made herself known in the room. I could hear Louis calling after her, trying to tell her to calm down and I could hear Harry laughing. "Hey, girl."

"Hey!" She jumped straight on the bed beside me and tackled me for a hug. "I missed you!"

"Clearly." I responded, though I'd missed her too. I was  Louis, Niall and Harry were all standing by the entrance, unsure of whether they could come in or not.

"We okay to come in, Jasmine?" Louis checked.

"Well, if you weren't, I don't think I'd be so relaxed with you guys stood in the doorway either." I'd joked at him, the tiniest glint returning in my eyes as I felt glad to be back around them after not seeing them in a while. "But, yeah. You're okay. Thank you." I did appreciate the gesture - it was very Louis and it was so cute.

"Someone's chirpy." He'd made a slight dig, walking over to me and I got up from the bed to give him a proper hug, something Eleanor hadn't let me do wit her but soon she was complaining. "Oh, and someone's standing without crutches." He moved back before he could even hug me, more focused on my ability to stand as if that was something that could be made into a huge deal. Clearly, it could.

"Big deal." I rolled my eyes, before shaking my head and turning to Harry with a grin on my face. 

Stood behind Niall, as he just watched it all play out, he was smiling wide, pride and contentment written over his face. He seemed relieved and comfortable; not on edge or constantly anxious and it was such a good look on him after so long. His eyes caught mine and I could see how he was shining, glowing incandescently from within as he watched me laugh around with his friends. He saw how loved I felt and clearly felt the warmth in the room from their affection. 

It made me smile to myself, before I focused on Eleanor who was in the midst of a rant.

"That's not fair - I had no idea and that's why I just tackled you in a hug, Jasmine, and now everyone gets a normal Jasmine hug, but I didn't." Standing beside Harry, she frowned at him, acting like a little kid and whilst we all knew she was obviously messing around, I knew well enough to know that she'd forever hold it against me that she never got a 'proper' hug. So I laughed, and limped - I'd hoped elegantly - over to her and opened my arms wide out to hug her - yes, instead of Louis. But then, I'd made him disappointed.

Excitedly, Eleanor hugged me back and I just watched as Louis grimaced, shaking his head at Niall and Harry.

"So proud of you, babe." Eleanor whispered to me and it brought out a smile on my face, as it felt great to hear someone say that who wasn't Harry or my parents.

"Feeling very unloved. I mean, she just walked right away from me. I think she's immune to our charms, now." He'd crossed his arms, telling the two boys, but I knew he was saying it as loud as possible to get my attention too. Niall laughed along with Harry. I let go of Eleanor, eyeing the boys ahead of me.

"I mean, let's let her off for today - she's standing and walking. It's so great." The way Niall said it was like an elderly grandmother watching her grandkid and gushing at their behaviour, whilst their own mother was shouting at the kid.

These motherly connotations are truly not purposeful, God.

"You guys realise I'm not standing for the first time? That milestone happened almost over twenty years ago." I made them aware. My gaze went straight to Louis, who was still scowling at me. It was crazy how that man could be so angry at me, and yet I'd still find him insanely adorable. He would fold under my attention and the tiniest smile would creep out, before attempts would be made to hide it away.