Chapter 19

Horse-riding.

My most favourite thing in the whole world. And somehow, Harry had managed to bring us out to an actual horse farm for us to go horse-riding. This was genuinely the best day ever and I could tell Harry knew just how happy I was with the expression on my face.

"You like horse-riding?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I love it!" I reply. "Although I haven't gone in like seriously a really long time."

"Did you go riding in England or Australia?"

"Both." I reply. "I had lessons in London from the age of seven. I continued when I moved and stopped at age fourteen."

"That's so nice." Harry smiles. "I've come to ride a lot but I haven't had actual lessons." He says but I don't get time to reply when a man who looks like he was in his late forties to early fifties approaches us.

"Mr Parker!" Harry smiles. "How are you?" Harry reaches forth to shake his hand before they also share a hug with one another.

They speak to one another for a while and I can understand that they both clearly know each other well. It makes me smile at how Harry somehow seems to know everyone in this town and has such good relationships with everyone.

"And who's this lovely young lady you brought along with you you?" He gives me a warm smile and a handshake.

"This 'lovely young lady' happens to be my wife." He smiles at me before looking back at Mr Parker.

"Ah yes, yes! I remember now... Robin was talking to me about you getting married." The person replies. "But I can't quite place my finger on your name?" He says and it's when I get an indication to step into the conversation.

"Jasmine." I respond with a smile, despite my heart rate increasing at the sudden attention that was now on me.

"Jasmine!" He smiles. "Such a beautiful name. Congrats to you both. How are you, Jasmine?"

"Thank you." I smile. "I'm good, thank you." I reply, asking him how he was aswell.

As we stand there, we have a brief conversation before Mr Parker leads us over to the stable, talking with Harry now. I make sure to stay listening so that in case I was mentioned, I could speak up, which was a few times considering the long walk to the huge stables.

When we got there, a young boy was busy grooming a horse whilst a lady was cleaning the stable out. We're quickly introduced to them both and I learn that the young boy, Samuel is Mr Parker's son, and also a good friend of Harry's. Samuel allows us to pick a horse each before we make our way to some plain land. Harry and Samuel were clearly good friends and Harry had been here a lot of times which is why Samuel didn't necessarily explain to us the ways of using and riding the horse as in detail.

"You always take Chestnut." Samuel chuckles as he takes a brown coloured horse out for Harry.

"The first time I came here, back when I was eight, was also the day she'd just arrived." Harry said as he pets her.

"Was that Chestnut?" Samuel asked, surprised. "Wow, she's been here long then."

Sameul only stays with us for a while as he demonstrates to us what to do and how to ride, aware that we'd both ridden horses before but still had to follow the protocol.

Once he ran through the information we needed to know, Samuel tells us we can mount the horses and we both turn to the huge mammals that were stood behind us.

"I hate mounting." I said to Harry and he laughs.

"Mounting is the important part. If you don't mount, you can't actually ride then." He smirks. "Get up, I'll help you if you need it."