Chapter 7

Hey everyone! Here's the next chapter. I've been so happy since morning cuz of my reads and votes.

Been trying to edit these days... how's that?? Jasmine's phone got cut off but ah well.

It soon came closer to Harry having to start his tour and so the time between that was super hectic since we didn't want to keep a lot of preparations for whilst Harry was away or when he came back to do it last minute or improperly. Daliah met up with us regularly as she took a super amazing role in helping us get ready. She had a colleague, Jean, who was just as helpful and we were just grateful that everything was going according to plan.

The day after we'd announced the engagement to the world, I met up with Hannah at Starbucks as usual. I reached there before her since Harry had to run some errands and so we left together instead of me whiling away my time for no reason whatsoever. So, as soon as we reached Starbucks, I passed my key to him.

"Don't hurt it." I warned him as I got out of the car. I'd said this to him almost every time he asked for my car now. It wasn't that I didn't trust him with it - actually, who am I kidding? I didn't like anybody using my car since it felt like my biggest prized possession and I had a maternal possessiveness over it. It was why Harry insisted that it was fine and he would just get a car to rent but I felt bad for him when I thought about it. If there was a car that he could use, he didn't have to invest in renting a car for only a few days.

"You say that all the time, Jasmine." He said with a laugh as he also got out of the car so that he could get to the driver's side now.

"I know." I responded. "I'll see you later." I said and he smiled softly before I made my way into the outlet as I waited for Hannah.

I had so much to tell her.

"Hi. Why are you so late Mrs? Aren't you meant to be the punctual one?" I asked when she walked inside, embracing the warmth that radiated around us as she sat down, removing her denim jacket.

"Nothing. I'm not important, right now." She said and I frowned but I realised that she was looking over at my hand, which caused me to laugh. "Show me the ring!" She said and I groaned. Of course, I knew this was coming. And I certainly didn't have a problem with that. It made me happy when I saw her excitement but what I wanted to talk about, was definitely going to throw her off and ruin her mood. And that was something I didn't want to do.

So I ignored it, feigning my excitement well so that she could keep her smile on her face. And I was asked an innumerable amount of questions by her as we sat at the table, sipping away at our drinks before it would strike quarter past eight so that we could then leave and make our way to work. 

But even then, in the car ride to the building I called my second home, it seemed as though Hannah didn't have any other topic on her mind. And as I soon became tired of all the questions, she addressed my uncomfortableness.

"I know you're not over the moon about this, J." Hannah said as she stopped at a red light. "But trust me, this will turn into one of the best decisions in your life."

I looked over at her, studying what she'd told me. It reminded me of what Mum had also told me a while back. I didn't understand why - or how - anyone thought it would turn into the best decision of my life to leave the life I was beginning to be happy with, to move all the way across the world, sign a contract of marriage and make it work? How did that make sense? How could a person who opposed the idea of love be willing to do that? How could a person who wanted to find professional success be willing to agree with living and potentially relying on someone who made millions? On a man? How could someone who cared so much about female empowerment be willing to rely on a man? It wasn't that I opposed men, but I wanted to do something for myself and create a living for myself, out of scratch. And here in Australia, after graduating with my psychology degree, I was beginning to feel that it was something I could definitely do. But more importantly, how could a person who denied giving trust to someone ever, be willing to give said trust in another human, when all humans have the ability to get up and leave whenever they feel they want to? Why was I putting myself up for this?