Chapter 18

If someone ever told you they didn't forget anything when packing, they're either lying or they overpacked. It is simply impossible that someone can pack the bare minimum and yet still remember everything. Or maybe they do pack well; maybe Harry and I were just incompetent at it, seeing as we both forgot to pack the hairdryer. And it just goes to show Harry, to be honest, since he packs to go somewhere every month. And besides, he even slightly admitted to it being his own fault.

"I showered before we left and I might have forgot to put it back in the bag." Harry said when we'd realised there was no hairdryer. And it had to happen when I was stood with my hair touching the back of my neck, something I absolutely hated.

Anyway, we resorted to using Gemma's hairdryer instead for the few days that we were there since we couldn't do much else.

Harry didn't waste any time wanting to show me around his hometown since the very next day, we'd already started going out. "We're leaving to go back to London soon and I wanted to show you around a couple of my favourite places here before we leave." He said to me and I smiled, excited to see the place.

Right now, Harry had decided that we could pick each other's outfits out so whilst I was sat with his forest green hoodie and black jeans, having picked out an outfit for him already, he was picking out mine.

"I expect an actual proper outfit." I said for the millionth time, afraid that he would pick out a casual shirt and jeans and I wasn't someone who liked to dress that casual. I liked putting effort in my outfits and didn't want to go out wearing something that I would never wear.

"Don't worry." He groans, having heard it so much by now and I just shrug my shoulders.

Luckily, I wasn't let down with what he picked out and it was actually quite decent. Harry had thrown over to me a chiffon dress with an oversized knitted jumper.

"Jewellery?" I ask him.

"I forgot picking for girls was this complex." He said as he turned back to the bag and found my accessories that I'd put in a bag similar to a makeup bag.

"I agree." I say with a chuckle. "I hate dressing up."

"Then why do you do it?" He frowns.

"Cuz I also love it." I shrug my shoulders. "It doesn't make sense but-"

"It doesn't." He laughs.

"Dressing up makes me feel... not so much myself anymore." I say. "But also I feel more myself. I don't know."

"Not so much yourself." He picks up, frowning. "Why would you like not feeling like yourself?"

"It makes me feel happier." I shrug my shoulders. "Have you picked it out?" I ask him, changing the subject as I make my way over to him to see what he was picking out.

"Yeah, wear this with it." He picks out two different necklaces, a small pendant that would clearly be hidden in the knitted sweater and a large chunky necklace that matched the chiffon dress that I would be wearing underneath the sweater. He also picked out a dainty little ring for me to wear with it and a watch.

"You've only got one type of sunglasses." He notes as he gives them to me regardless.

"I've never been a fan of sunglasses." I shrug my shoulders. "I got these as a birthday gift from a friend, I never used them until you came along." He nods his head at the information.

"Don't wear them if you don't want to." He shrugs his shoulders. "Not just now; but never. If you don't like them." He says.

"I'll carry them just in case." I say to him and he smiles before telling me that he's going to go and take a shower since he hasn't done so yet. Since I'd woken up much before him, I was already prepared for the day and so I just had to change into this outfit and we could go.