Chapter 88

be ready with tissues. 

but please still vote and comment, don't be too mad at me.

~.~.~.~

Unknown: Fragile, weak, vulnerable. That's what you'll be when I'm finished with you.

~.~.~.~

I was alone again after Harry left to go back on tour with the boys. But he promised me he'd be back soon and for a much longer time. But to be honest, all I was beyond grateful for was the fact that we had the entire of May to ourselves because it meant that Harry was free during our anniversary for sure and it was a mere coincidence. The two of us were beyond excited for that break as we thought about all the fun we could have during that time.

"Can you believe in almost two months it's going to be a year since our wedding?" Harry had said one evening over video chat.

"What I'm more shocked about is the fact that this time last year, we were engaged and you were living at my house." I laughed softly as he put his guitar that he was holding down, and began to put his hair in a man bun, something that I'd taught him how to do it himself.

"Did it work?" He asked me, excitedly, referring to his hair and I chuckled softly.

"Yeah." I nodded my head at him although I knew he needed to look in the mirror and do it properly still. "It looks good, H. But it's better when I do it." I smirked and he just laughed.

"That's only because you like to play with my hair." He shook his head and I shrugged my shoulders, not having anything to say because he wasn't wrong.

"Does it annoy you?" I asked with a laugh, expecting that he'd say yes because he hated when people played around with his hair. His long hair is already a whole responsibility and a huge thing to manage and maintain so he hated when people messed around with his hair and it was why he recently asked Lou Teasedale to let him do his own hair and teach him what to do instead.

"I actually love it." He replied though, completely surprising me. "You always say it's annoying when I play with your hair, though." He said before he got up and made his way out of the room and his question reminded me of the time I got very annoyed at him on the tour bus. It wasn't so long ago; back when we were in Australia and we were on the bus on the way to Melbourne. 

Harry, Zayn and Niall were taking turns on the video games and there came a time when Harry and I were left watching Niall and Zayn against each other instead and Harry had his arm around me. At one point, he found himself subconsciously running his hands through my hair. And whilst I'd found it relaxing initially, it was when his rings kept getting my hair tangled up that I told him to stop, annoyed.

"Harry." I frowned. "Stop it." I told him and he looked at me as I put my phone down but my reaction also earned us a brief glance from Zayn and Niall who were confused.

"Stop what?" He'd asked, confused, completely stopping whatever he could have been doing by putting his hands up in the air as if he was surrendering which only made me laugh.

"Either take your rings off or just let my hair be." I moved to look up at him but noticed that the two boys beside us had clearly found the situation funny and were laughing hilariously.

But that definitely wasn't the only time we'd had that issue. And I'd guess that was why Niall and Zayn found it so funny as they remembered the last time Harry actually got his ring stuck in my hair and in the process of trying to untangle my hair, Louis had come up to us, afraid that we were either fighting or we were in trouble. And whilst I told Louis that that commotion was because Harry wouldn't let me do what I needed to do to rid myself of this new accessory in my hair, he'd argued that he just was trying to help.