Chapter 76

~.~.~.~

Unknown: So close. Yet so far away.

~.~.~.~

The following morning, Harry and the boys had rehearsals to go to and Harry was awake early to have a shower. I'd woken up with him and was keeping him company, much to his dismay. He insisted that I slept for longer since I had no reason to be up and I also came to sleep late last night. I couldn't understand how twelve o'clock was late.

"I slept well, though." I smile, trying to make him understand that I didn't need my sleep as much as he thought I did. Jet lag could also make you not get to sleep despite wanting to; it wasn't always something that made you tired.

He chuckles once he hears me saying that, almost as if he didn't need telling that to know it. And I laughed when I realised why. "You were sleeping like a baby." He looks at me from the mirror of my dressing table. "At one point of the night you'd grabbed the whole blanket to yourself." He says, feigning to be annoyed but breaking into a smile. I was hoping he wouldn't bring that up but unfortunately he did and that was the proof for my well-spent sleep.

"Yeah, I remember. I'm sorry about that." I laugh, remembering how I woke up for water and noticed Harry sleeping without the blanket and instantly felt bad.

"It's alright." He chuckles. "It's not something I'm not used to."

"Hey!" I frown, laughing a little. "That's unfair."

"It's alright. I don't blame you." He says, as he stands up and checks himself in the mirror one last time. "I'm putting so much effort into getting ready as if I won't get styled up before the interview." He says, letting out a small laugh at himself as he looks at himself in the mirror.

"Let's go down." I say as I watch him pick up his phone. "Get some breakfast for you."

"I'll grab breakfast on the way. I'm going to the boys' hotel first." He says as he watches me get up from bed, regardless of what he says.

I wouldn't mind Harry getting breakfast on the way if that was what he wanted but knowing him as well as I do now, I'm certain that the only reason he's insisting on grabbing breakfast on the way is because he didn't want to cause any kind of inconvenience.

"Shut up, Harry." I say as I roll my eyes and walk out of the room and he follows behind me.

In the kitchen, I make him some coffee as he toasts a slice of bread for himself and I give him some butter so he can put it on the toast. We try and be as silent as possible since we didn't to wake anyone up. As he eats away, he talks to me about his schedule for the day. But unfortunately it wasn't that long until he actually had to leave which I was disappointed about.

"It's not the posh kind of cars you're used to." I said to him when I handed my old car keys over to Harry which makes him laugh.

"It's much better." He says as he puts his boots on.

"Take care." I smile at him and he hugs me after standing up  from putting his boots on. He smiles and I watch him walk away and over to my car, the entire time wishing that he didn't have to go.

 But I knew he had to and I couldn't stop him from going. Besides, I had stuff planned for today that I was also excited about. As soon as I turned to make my way upstairs, I was met with Mum who was coming down the stairs right then. She smiled as she saw me but I knew exactly what she was going to ask when she saw me there and I tried to delay the conversation as I wanted her to not stress out. I knew it was her tendency to do so.