The Calm

FAU

Quackity had turned down Wilbur's offer to train with him and Nikki. Instead he worked on his own form, which in recent events had gotten sloppy. He angled his body in front of the punching bag and went at it again. His hits were strong, solid.

But usually in a fight he needed more power, being the smaller person. It wasn't easy to learn, and Quackity noticed he heavily relied on surprise, weapons, and momentum.

None of which were really effective against Dream, especially since Dream caused his thinking to go out of wack last time when they fought. Well the last real fight, he wasn't going to count after he helped Fundy escape. 

Dream knew how to push all his buttons, to use Schlatt to make him give in. It was highly frustrating to the Mexican. I mean what was the point if he couldn't even try a kick or a punch without having to stop midway? Momentum was gone, and it would barely make a dent. 

I mean when he fought Dream alone in that room, it was hardly a fair fight. Dream was angry beyond belief, and Quackity had already accepted he wasn't leaving that room alive. Should he have attempted to best Dream?

He wasn't sure if it would have made a difference, all things considered he could have lost an eye instead of just getting a blackened one.

That said, Quackity still wasn't going to let it happen again. He was going to find a way to make it airtight, to have complete control.

So he hit the bag until his knuckles bruised, and only left when it broke open.

Nikki stood out on the field, Wilbur was in a running stance, ready to move. He gave her a sly grin, glancing at their targets. 

And she quickly fired at the farthest one, Wil taking off as soon as the arrow left. He caught up to it when it found it's way into the straw dummy, sliding with momentum to knock it over. She waited until he had a head start on the next, the tall man summersaulting over a barrier and slicing another as an arrow flew over his head into the next target.

It went on like this for about an hour before there was only one left, they each took out a dagger and rushed it. Wilbur threw his, watching the metal glint as it landing inbetween the arm and side with a fliff.

Nikki brought hers up to the neck, and the straw unraveled quickly as they both breathed heavily. Wilbur tossed his sword and knife to the side, taking off the jacket he wore as well. Sweat dripped from his hair, and red splotches of skin stained his face.

Nikki sighed and let the dagger fall. The bow was heavy slung around her, the string stinging the left side of her neck. Wilbur read her like a book, lifting it over her head and tossing it next to her jacket. She dropped the quiver as well, no more than three arrows left.

"That was fun," She breathed, falling back in the tall grass. Wilbur laid next to her twirling a strand of green. She waited for their heartrates to lower, and when they did she leaned over and kissed him. It was short, they were out of breath, but it still felt magical. He slid an arm under her back, and pulled her closer.

They stayed like that for a while, before coming to the realization they were not going to get to dinner on time.

"What do you mean she's evil!? Purpled just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they're evil!" Schlatt laughed, but he was being entirely serious. He had his hands judgingly on his hips, and was pacing.

"There's something off about her. She's too personal."

"Just because you're an angsty mother fucker doesn't mean everyone is."

"Schlatt she wanted out information, like to find our families! And she really wanted to know what happened to you."

"Isn't that like, her job?"

The light in the room dimmed slighly as Purpled sighed, "Maybe I'm overthinking it."

"You do realize not everyone's out to get us right? Plus I'm a fucking teenager with horns, I mean like if I saw me I'd be calling the cops." Schlatt crossed over to Purpled and hugged him. The gesture shocked the shadow, but he returned it after a minute.

"I just want to protect you and Ranboo. That's all I want."

"I know, but maybe that brother of yours-"

"No." Purpled said defiantly, "He's not family, you guys are."

Schlatt sighed, "What even happened between you two?"

Purpled pushed up his sleeve, showing the tattoo to his friend, "He's the reason I was part of this. He left it, they hunted me down to punish him. I'm a monster all because he got flighty. I think that's reason enough."

"Still you really going to hold him two that, it's been a year."

"Would you?" Purpled asked, but then he shut up when he saw Schlatt visibly flinch. Maybe he hit a nerve.

"You know my family isn't the original Schlatt tree, the one that came before us was my cousin's family. Hell I'm not even from the SMP, but I grew up here with my cousin. When I was four they were killed in a raid. I mean I had hated her up to that point, she was way older than me, and used to leave me alone when her friends came over. I told her off for it the day before."

"What was her name?"

"Puffy. Really it was a childish thing to do-"

"Schlatt I'm sure she gets it. You were a literal child, can't hold that against you." Purpled sighed, "I'll go talk to Ponk." 

"Good lad. Hustle up." Schlatt shooed him out as Purpled flipped him off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy felt something, he was sure of it. Death, he felt death. He wasn't dying, who was dying?

"Tubbo are you okay?" He asked his friend, the child nodded, before going back to braiding flowers together.

He still felt it, and it was getting stronger, like a storm sweeping over the ocean. Collecting more and more water to hail down at the earth. It was building. He heard it.

The screaming, he wanted it to stop.

"Sam!" Tommy cried, hastily getting up and running inside. The older was sharpening his sword when Tommy wrapped an arm around his leg. Sam watched as his eyes glowed, The purple color spreading down the veins in the side of his face. He panicked, and scooped Tommy up.

"What's happening?" He asked hurried. 

"Death is coming." Tommy said, before the color drained from his blue eyes and he passed out.

MUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAH