Prepared

FAU (tee hee battle incoming)

Nikki nearly fell into the water as she felt around for Wilbur. Fundy caught her, a hand tightly wrapped around her arm as she stumbled. Her blonde hair fell in front of her face as she fell to her knees.

Tommy couldn't hear anything she said, he just saw it. The voice seemed to get louder the closer he was to Purpled.  The morning they had tried again, this time just focusing on getting Tommy to Techno Blade.

The younger admired the way Purpled gave up a chance to see Ranboo. It was selfless. It was brave, maybe one day he could repay.

For now though, he knew how the battle was going to end, and what he must do after.

And who is already dead.

Philza turned angrily to brothers life long friend. Schlatt was blank faced, he was confused.

What the hell just happened.

"You just let him do this!" Philza spat, "You just watched!"

"Listen Phil all I did was trust him. If you'd snap out of your demons then you could see that!" Schlatt fired back, he turned to Puffy, "We can't waste any time they probably know where we are. Is there a mineshaft, what's a Pogtopia?"

Fundy actually showed visible distress at that, "How on planet earth did you manage to sleep through an entire semester of history class? It's the original SMP, a underground cave system."

Puffy looked at all the worried faces, and set on a mask of encouragement. They would have to mount three attacks, with the limited people they had. The mine shaft would be the easiest to defend. Eret took some survivors down there to help him block off all the side tunnels.

The mineshaft would be too low a ceiling for a crystal, and that would make it seem the source was in Pogtopia. The team they sent there would have to be small, agile.

And then there would have to be a final stand, they couldn't detain Dream in Pogtopia but they could try to hold him here in L'manburg. Sam figured this out as well.

"Everyone, this is it. Use any healing potions and regeneration that you can now. Deployment of such things in a fight with that thing won't save you. Better to build up now, because if I'm right-"

Connor cut in, tossing a sword to Puffy. "You are," the man in blue pushed himself onto a barrel, standing on it firmly, "Listen up you little shitwads!"

Everyone stopped bickering to listen to him.

"This is it! And you all know if we are getting a team in there, there needs to be something else for Dream to focus on. I volunteer to be part of the sacrifice. We need time, and it's our only chance. I volunteer, but I can't hold him on my own... who's going to try with me!?"

A chorus came from the crowd, all the survivors raising a hands for the most part. One shouted over the rest.

"We are no match for the demon! Who will lead us?" They shouted.

It's where you belong.

Purpled stiffened in Ponk's arms. His brother noticed, and brushed some hair out of his face. The contact was strangely comforting to the shadow, almost as if he knew. 

Ponk let go of him as he walked forward. It was there the shadow took in as large of a breath he could. He felt the beating of his heart slow, and the cold dragon's breath against his damaged figure.

It was a cold moment, a cold day. A ridged feeling in his heart that made him freeze.

It's what you were made for, what you were born as. Come on Purpled you know what I always saw in you, what they trust you for!