Ready or not

FAU

No one spoke for a while. Tommy watched Sapnap tap on his sword on a log. They sat around the fire, gazing into the flames. Fundy felt the earth start to pulse softly along with the clanking metal, Tommy's eyes went out of focus.

The ginger pulled him in, covering his ears and folding his arms around the younger. Tommy thought about pushing out of the embrace, but he was so tired from all of this. This constant sound that made him feel...

Different, powerful? Confused.

He snuggled into his brother's friend and fell asleep. Sapnap noticed and set down the sword roughly. "The kid didn't strike me as the 'special' type of kid."

Fundy resisted the urge to chuckle, "I mean he's special, but not in that way you think." He paused to make sure the younger was still asleep, "He's carrying a lot of things on his back."

Karl came back from around the tent, a blanket wrapped around his shoulder. He tossed another to Fundy, and went to sit with Sapnap. They were right close, and seemed to openly show it.

"We still don't know much about you. Care to share?" Karl asked energized, Sapnap let out a puff of exhaustion.

"Can we just sit in silence and watch the fire?"

"Quiet love, the adults are talking," Karl smiled and playfully jostled him, "Fundy where do you come from?"

The teen gestured his head in the direction he knew his far away home was, "From the SMP, house Manifold. Tommy here is from house Minecraft. There's a bit of a war right now, and I did my part I'm done. Tommy has to go back though, he's the prophecy."

"Well I don't know any houses, but I do know a prophecy. A young boy will make peace between the earth and the people who inhabit, yes?" Karl asked, but before Fundy could answer Sapnap interjected with his own question.

"What did you even do?"

"I was the last line of defense between Dream and Tommy. My job to hide his location and only share it in a state of emergency."

"Wait a second did you say that's bastards name?" Sapnap growled, Karl placing a hand on his chest to keep him from jumping up.

Fundy scoffed lightly, trying to ignore the whole mess with Dream, "He's a real peach isn't he?"

"Did you have a chance to kill him? Why didn't you take it?" Sapnap said determined, Karl shushed him again.

"Love stop it's not his fault what happened to Mexican L'manburg. They are gone, we can't change that."

"Wait a second you're from there?! Are there more of you?" Fundy asked urgently, catching them by surprise. Karl fumbled the next bit.

"We had gotten separated from our families just before Dream took over. We were planning an event and needed supplies from the desert, but when we got back everything was in lockdown. People were taken to the outposts, and try as we might getting over the walls was impossible."

"Then I had the idea to seak help from the nether and when we got back..." Sap started.

"Boom." Karl finished.

Fundy felt a feeling of excitement race through him, "I know another survivor."

Their eyes widened with a mix of emotions.

"His name is Quackity, and like a month ago Dream sent him to kill-" Fundy started, but was cut off as Sapnap did something surprising. The arsonist launched up out of his seat and hugged him.

"Quackity is my brother."

—————————————————————————
Schlatt paced back and fourth in the forest. He heard a zombie waddle up and shot it the most anger filled look it burst into flames. His hands shook slightly, the pure raw fear slipping out in fire form. Schlatt let out a growl and ran a hand down the side of his face. It stopped briefly around his own neck, tracing around the bruising still left there.