Confusion

FAU

There was a moment Quackity thought he almost recognized the stranger who saved Purpled, but it couldn't be. Now it was around mid afternoon, and Schlatt was going to watch over Purpled for a little while. Quackity settled on just hanging around Puffy and Eret. They didn't say much to him, but they didn't just ignore him out of spite. People were busy, especially now that L'manburg was being packed with people. Some of the more able bodied had started refurbishing buildings.

After a couple hours he sat perched on a ledge over the podium chairs below. It was relaxing, just watching them mull around underneath him.

"Hey Quackity." Fundy chirped, pulling himself up onto the ledge next to him. He had a dark spot blooming just under his jaw. Quackity chuckled a little bit.

"What happened to you?"

"Schlatt."

"Oh really-"

Fundy stopped him, "Doesn't matter, there's some people here who want to meet you."

Quackity gave him a curious look before they jumped down. Leaning against one of the chairs was the mystery medic, and a taller darker...

He looked like Quackity, but larger and not Quackity.

"Sapnap?" He breathed, just standing there and looking at them. Karl must have been the medic! It was all too real, too confusing.

It took Sapnap about 5.25 seconds to run to his brother and hold him tight. Karl smiled where he stood, watching the confused reunion. After a minute or too Sapnap waved Karl over. He giddily trotted up to Quackity,  looking him over.

"Damn, you are also short like me! Oh my gosh your face isn't round anymore..." Karl gasped, fascinated. Quackity hugged him briefly.

"How did you guys survive, well, everything?"

"We were gathering prismarine when Dream put the city in lock down, what happened?"

Quackity froze up, and didn't answer the question. After a minute he spoke again, "There are some people you should meet. I see you already found Fundy, but hell there's a lot more come on!" He said excitedly, and started down the path.

Eret and Puffy didn't say much, so Quackity just pointed them out. Connor however was a lot more social, and really got deep into conversation like he usually does.

Wilbur was standing on the docks with a blindfold on, and Quackity was a little concerned. He looked alright, just thinner and frailer.

"Wil what are you doing?"

"Quackity I have discovered everything I do works better without sight unlike all the others who got jabbed." Wil searched for his friend, but accidentally stepped into Sapnap instead.

"Quackity did you get jabbed while I was gone..."

"That's my brother, Wilbur Minecraft meet Sapnap." Quackity said jumping up to push Wil's blindfold off. He blinked rapidly to adjust to the light, but extended a hand to Sapnap.

"Good to meet you, I've been the bad influence in what I'm assuming is your place." He grinned, Karl chuckled a little bit.

Wil got sidetracked minutes later and they left, heading into the large building marked for the injured. "Sadly I got a lot of people in here."

Sam was up, at the protest of Ponk. He walked around with close to ease and had the nervous doctor trailing after him. Quackity didn't go over and talk to them.

"Purpled you're awake!" He cried, running over to him and Schlatt. Purpled gave a weak smile, and a long blink. Schlatt had his hand, and had been talking to him softly.

With the thin tee he had on you could see fresh scars scabbing over, particularly large ones on his left arm. Purpled noticed, and let out a sigh.

"Arrows, and then Dream snapped my wrist for fun." He said bluntly, before attempting to sit up. It didn't go well, and he hissed.

"Alright I don't remember breaking ribs, what happened?"

Karl nervously raised a hand, "Calculated risk. Don't know how many broke but hey you're breathing. Karl by the way."

"Where's Wilbur? Where's Philza? Where is Ant? Did they survive?" Purpled blurted, as of right on cue a figure popped into the doorway. Ant ran in and hugged him.

"Careful, doctor danger over there broke some bones, it's alright though. Where's Wilbur?"

"HI FRIENDS!" Wilbur's ghost popped up out of nowhere next to Quackity. The Mexican instantly throwing a punch through it and stumbling forwards. Schlatt let out a series of curses.

"Cut it out Ghostbur."

"Can't it's too much fun. Plus currently Nikki is asleep on top of me, so here I am this way!" Wil said excitedly, "Also I got some good news."

"What?" They all said in unison. Before he could answer Connor ran in and yelled at them.

"FIREBOY AND QUACKITY THERE IS SOMETHING OVERHEAD US!"

"Connor calm down it's my father." Wil exclaimed, pushing himself outside. There Phil was, standing on the path with blood staining his midsection and below. There was a down cheek, and dots of crimson across his shoulder blades.

Wil disappeared, probably zooming back to his body. Schlatt held Purpled in place, who was scrambling to get up. Karl instantly darted over to the tall man. Wings were extended fully at his sides, and Karl was in awe over them.

Ponk sped out as well, followed by Quackity and Connor.

"Philza are you okay-"

Philza cut him off, "All of it besides the face isn't mine." He pushed the medics away, letting everyone view the permanent smile on his face.

"Are you sure?" Quackity asked, the older tucked his wings sharply to his side.

"I killed him!" Phil laughed, throwing his head back, "I stabbed him right through the heart like he did to Techno and Jack and everyone he's taken from me. And then a mother fucking beam activated somewhere nearby and started healing him. We're fucked."

Purpled couldn't hear all of that from here, Schlatt could so he relayed everything that was said. They both sat there in confusion, and mourning.

Purpled I know you have a good head, what do you think?

"I think we are fucked like Phil said, case closed." Purpled thought, almost in a bitter town.

Oh come on put the pieces together you know that isn't true.

"What am I missing?"

The will to accept it.