Control (Part 3 of Home is Where the Heart is)

3rd Person POV

Bad and Tommy had explored the whole building, every nook and cranny. It just looked like a regular house, an old grand one, but just a house. Trees surrounded it on every side, with only a small clearing like a backyard. There was a garage, but no cars. Only a couple old bikes, that looked like they were made in the 70's. Tommy was doubtful on how they would hold up.

Bad put a hand on the large generator they found in the boiler room, "I'm not sure what's powering it, but from what I can tell it will last a year minimum."

"That's fine I guess, I don't plan on staying though." Tommy muttered, grabbing the bottom of the garage door and forcing it open. The cold winter air blew in, and Tommy breathed in a sharp exhale. He was in denial, but Bad knew deep down he knew they were stuck here.

"Yeah, I'm sure we will figure it out." Bad said softly, heading back toward the door to the hallway.

Phil sat up, heart pounding. He quickly scrambled to his feet, nearly slipping as he did so. Fundy grabbed hold of his arm to steady him.

"Woah Phil, calm down you're fine!" Fundy repeated over and over. Phil stood there, shaking.

"Where's Wil? Where's Techno-"

"We're right here." Technoblade was standing at the coffee table, and Wil stood with Nikki by the fireplace. Phil immediately ran to Wil grabbing his arms and giving him a quick once over. There was a soft hint of purple across his face.

"Are you okay son, I-I saw it-t. They hit you!" Phil stammered. Wil calmed him down, and then everyone started talking again.

Sapnap walked circles around the room, making sure he kept everyone in his sight. Sapnap was a very loyal person, and the fact that Tommy trusted him was something he wouldn't let slip. How the child always ended up in a strategic position Sap didn't know.

He was relieved when Tommy and Bad came back through the doorway they left an hour ago. Tommy gave him a grateful nod, but went right past him to Phil. Bad stopped in front of his old friend, a sad smile on his face.

"What's the deal? Where are we?"

Bad gestured to the huge wall window that looked over the backyard, "There isn't anything around us but trees. Something is powering this place but I can't figure out what. Tommy's denies it, but I think we may be stuck here for a while."

Sap gave a empty nod, still taking it in. Bad put a hand on his shoulder for a second to comfort him, and then continued into the room.

Dream watched his friends from the fireplace, he leaned against the cold cobble hearth and closed his eyes. And as usual Dream wore a mask, but it was a different kind. He wore a smile, but not that of the plastic mask. He closed the distance between himself and Tubbo, who was staring blankly at the floor.

"Hey." Dream said softly, Tubbo looked up at him, still emotionless.

"Did I ever tell you about the time I was eating at Denny's and it got robbed?" Dream asked, instantly the child's eyes lit up.

"No, but now is a good time!" He said eagerly.

Dream POV in 1st person because I'm bored!

I told the story as dramatically as possible, whether it actually happened or not he didn't have to know. Tubbo was excited though, and it attracted the attention of several others. Nikki sat down on the floor with Tubbo, and so did George. 

I gladly kept going, moving from one life experience to another. I told them about my first day in high school, I told them about the time I locked my sister in a moving car. I told them everything. It felt good to release some energy. Wilbur sometimes jumped in and did voice acting for me, soon we were all sitting on a circle on the floor. I watched Phil scoot closer to Tommy protectively putting an arm around him.

I couldn't even imagine what this was like for Tubbo and Tommy, and from the paled look on Nikki's face she was thinking the same thing. It didn't surprise me when she stood up abruptly and sped out of the room.

Nikki 1st person POV

I couldn't watch anymore, an overwhelming guilt rising in my throat like bile. I didn't even know where I was going, I just walked out. There was a billiard room by the kitchen I think. I quickly walked in and flung the door so it would shut. I never heard it click shut, but just assumed it did before falling to the ground with a sob.

Oh it was so awful, no matter how many stories they told it was terrible. Dream could fill in gaps of excitement for Tommy and Tubbo, but it wasn't the real thing. Oh how little they actually got out of their lives before it was ended. I felt sick.

The door finally clicked shut, and I saw Wil had stopped it from closing earlier. He turned the lock, and walked over to the pool table. My friend sat on the edge, and patted a spot next to him. I got up on shaky legs and joined him, my head drooping on his shoulder with a sniffle. He put a warm hand on my back to sooth me.

"Alright what's running through your head?" He said softly.

"I mean they didn't even have any time! The kids didn't even graduate yet! I mean the rest of us still didn't deserve this either, but it makes me feel guilty that we got to experience more-"

Wil smiled, that smile that always made me turn red, "Nikki you are so sweet it's actually bad for you. I mean yeah, some of us got a start. Maybe for some of us this could be a start."

I gave a confused look, "What do you mean," he tilted my chin with his finger, "Wh-"

And then it happened, the thing each of us had only thought and joked about. He kissed me.

He kissed me.

And I leaned in and made sure I meant it back, because it was a start to something I already knew.

Technoblade POV (1st person)

After the lovebirds left it was awkward, so I left as well. Retracing my steps into the kitchen, I started to rummage through food. It was probably late in the day, I could make dinner right? Oh who gives a crap, not like the world can judge me at this point?

Despite my prior confidence I realize I can't really cook at all, so I stare in confusion at a frozen pack of ground beef.

"Well it isn't going to cook under your gaze big man." A squeaky voice said. I actually felt relief when I watched Tubbo take the package from me and started opening it.

"Alright Mr. Cooking Stream let's see what you got." I joked, and we got started. He cleared his throat with a fake seriousness, and pulled a frying pan out of a nearby cabinet. I ruffled his hair and he laughed, shoving me out of the way.

"Do you want me to teach you or not?" He quipped, I gave an eager nod.

"Why not add cooking to my varied skill set."

Author's Note: Heyyyyyy! I couldn't remember who was vegitarian and stuff so I just ignored the idea. Yeah I'm lazy, get used to it. I don't even edit these. -Ashie