Fireworks 1 (Wilbur and Nikki centric)

Takes place after Wilbur becomes president and L'manburg is free.

Wilbur excused himself from dinner at Tommy's house, well it was more of a food fight between the teenagers and Fundy. His navy blue coat was thrown loosely over his shoulders, and Wilbur unbuttoned the stiff white shirt he had on underneath. The bunk designated as his creaked under his weight as the president sat down. God he just needed a quick nap, being president of a nation was...

Taxing, that's probably the most sane description he could give. And with all this said, Tommy worked longer ours than he did. How on earth did the blonde keep his spirits up all the god damn time?

Someone banged on the iron door, Wil let out a groan. He flipped onto his stomach, bare arms wrapping around both sides of the pillow and squeezing it against his head to block the sound. Soon the door pushed open, and two sets of giggles followed.

"Oh gosh Fundy I thought you said he'd be awake we shouldn't disturb-"

Wilbur felt the small frame of his son pounce on him, and let out a small pained yelp. "I'm awake! I'm awake!" He sat back against the wall, elbow holding his head above the pillow. There stood Nikki, and he felt his face flush with embarrassment.

"Sorry if I'd known you were coming I would have been decent, what's up?" Wilbur asked, Fundy still lazily on top of him like a deadweight.

Nikki brushed the tips of her blonde hair back, a small smile, "Bar's having a little firework show, and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me!"

The sweet tone in her voice was that of syrup, and as usual whenever Nikki was around, the tired president couldn't say no.  She had a certain charm they was entrancing. The girl smelled of freshly baked bread, dammit it was making him more sleepy.

"Sure, what time does it start?"

"About ten, I'm probably gonna set up a little spot for us on the lawn in an hour or so for comfort!" Nikki proudly put her hands on her hips. After reaching over and ruffling Fundy's hair she turned back to the door.

"Can't wait to watch the fireworks with you!"

"You too Nikki, I'll be by soon."

There was a small click as the door shut, and Wilbur let out a breath. For gods sake fireworks be dammed. Those mother fuckers were already going off in his stomach