In a trance

FAU

"Well I had an idea, and I want to try it. You seem like the only other person talking to the dead." Tommy said quietly, Purpled raised a brow.

"How'd you know-"

"I felt it, I feel all of it." Tommy interrupted, Purpled winced and sat up slightly.

"Does your idea involve going somewhere?"

"Now no, later yes." Tommy hesitantly reached out to touch Purpled, "Can I?"

"Do what?"

Tommy let his hand hover there for a minute, it didn't shake in the slightest. "There's something I want to show you, but anyone could see you have trust issues."

Purpled couldn't help but snort, "You're a child, rather big concept for you. How can you tell?"

"If you clench your fingers into your palms any harder it's going to bleed idiot." Tommy stated bluntly, grabbing one of Purpled's hands and unfolding it. He was right, there were deep grooves marking where his fingernails had been.

"What's wrong with your heart?" Tommy asked after a couple minutes in silence. Purpled felt his insides twist a little.

"I lost people," Purpled thought for a second. Ranboo had become silent again in his head, "My shadows I used to free the survivors probably effected that too."

He was right, ever since the storm there had been a dull throb beating inside him. Purpled's body was struggling to keep up with the constant action. Whatever happened when he was there made him stronger, but the effect and fatigue still occurred.

Purpled froze when Tommy put a hand on his chest, right over his heart. If he wanted to move he couldn't. The child's eyes glowed and the shadow felt a soothing cold pulse through him.

Then it was warm, then cold, then the beating slowed to a normal heart rate. Tommy yanked his hand away and looked at him nervously.

"Did it work?"

"What? Wait hold on Ranboo what was that?" Purpled said, biting his lip and waiting for the whispers to become louder.

I need to talk to him.

"How do you propose we do that? Would he be able to hear you?" Purpled asked, watching an anxious Tommy pace back and forth.

No he won't. You need to wear it with him. Dragon Breath Cores are known to intercept powerful spirits of the dead. You could speak to whoever is following him and he could speak to me.

"Tommy this might sound weird, but Ranboo said there's a way you could talk to him and I could talk to whoever you hear." Purpled stated, trying to sit up straight against the backboard of the bed.

"How do we do it?"

Purpled scooted over a little, motioning for Tommy to sit on the bed. The younger did, eyes returning to a confident blue. He regained his energy quickly while his excitement rose.

The shadow untucked the pendant he had hidden under his shirt, and looped the chain around Tommy as well. The enchanted gem hung in the middle of them.

Purpled felt his heartbeat slightly quicken, "Ranboo it's straining me-"

The best I think you can hold the trance for is an hour, don't waste it and don't try to stay longer.

Tommy's head fell into his shoulder, and he felt his limbs go limp.
—————————————————————————
Nikki felt Wil's warm body against her back as he slept. Breathing was shallow with exhaustion, and she felt every slight movement he made in order to keep himself in a solid pattern. Every once in a while he would start hyperventilating and wake up. Nikki would calm him down, and then he would always say the same thing.