Popping off and posters

Back on the Dream SMP timeline....

L'manburg was doing fairly well, Philza helping them rebuild was a big help. Though the older blonde didn't say much now, for the reason anyone would expect.

Ghostbur helped out as well, but was more a burden to the eye than a builder. Tommy nearly had a panic attack the other day when he popped out of the wall. It wasn't even the fact that he was a ghost, it was who he represented in life.

Philza leaned against his balcony, watching the stars. Below him to the left was Ghostbur, playing with note blocks. He smiled a little, eyes glazing over in a blurry memory.

"Dad dad look they make noise!" The giggling brunette cried excitedly, taking his father's hand and pulling him onto the floor next to him. The four year old pressed another setting on the block, squealing as it changed to a chirping pitch.

"Dad thank you thank you I'm so happy you made one of these! I love you and I wanna play you a song but I don't know any." The brunette sighed, curling into Philza's lap, the father brushed hair out of his eyes delicately.

"It's alright I'll teach you one Wil how about that?"

Those big doe eyes widened, and he felt Philza grab his arms and position both of their hands on separate note blocks. He guided his son in the simple parts of it, their hands moving to the simplest tune.

Philza took in a breath, pressing the first note, "Mary had a..."

"A little lamb, a little lamb. Mary had a little lamb, sheep as white as snow!" Ghostbur sang, at his little stand.  Phil took in a shaky breath, before turning back inside and shutting his door. He threw off his hate, the trusty companion landing on his bed with a flourish. The room was dark, and he wasn't sure how much he cared. If a monster spawned, would it be so bad?

"Kill me Phil kill me please PLEASE!"

The grey wrap he had on was tossed aside, and he sat on the floor with his silky green shirt untucked from the loose dark grey pants he always wore. Blonde hair hung in front of his eyes, and he didn't push it away.

It felt so pointless, Wil was dead. His reason to come here was dead! By Phil's own hands, no less.

People came and went outside his home, and he could hear the creaking of the spruce bridges as they did. Laughter from Tubbo and Quackity, sometimes Fundy. Tommy was quieter than he used to be, almost harder to pick up.

Philza decided to go for a walk, and heard shouting from a couple houses away.

"Technoblade was spotted we have to find him!"

Phil felt his insides seize. Techno, let's build a winter empire Techo? Ruthless friend Techno?

Standing flat against a poster Technoblade?

Philza resisted the tempt to laugh, Techno noticed and shushed him.

"Uhhh you can't see me it's the poster! Yeah a talking poster!"

Philza spun in a circle, naturally falling into a joking mood, "Oh my god where did Techno go?"

They dissolved into a stupid bit, and Philza felt something he hadn't in weeks.

Care for someone who wasn't cold.

Or was, just in a different way.

Yes this is short I just wrote this and thought it should be posted lol.