Fireworks 2

Fundy burrowed into his side, encased in his father's arms. Wil felt fluffy ears against the side of his chin, amused.

"Oh what you love me again now?" He joked, running a hand through his bright ginger hair. Fundy grumbled in response, "Well it isn't like you have time for me anymore."

"I'll always have time for you, my favorite baby boy!" Wil cooed with mild excitement. His son wiggled around in his arms a little bit, before wrapping a hand around his.

"Yeah because I'm just gonna curl up on your lap in the middle of a meeting." Fundy sarcasticly remarked, though Wil's response made his face flush red.

"Why not?"

After that bit of playful banter the two boys did fall asleep. It was warm in the caravan, and even warmer outside to match the gentle breeze. Every once in a while Wilbur would look at the clock. Yeah just five more minutes...

"Daddddddd wake up! You're gonna be lllaaaate!" Fundy croned, on his feet in a cat like jump. Wil let out a muffled groan, sittin up as his son pulled on his arms.

"What?"

"Niahchu in ten minutes-"

"SHIT!"

Wil hastily threw on a plain yellow t shirt, tucking his messy hair under a baseball hat. God dammit where'd the beanie go-

No bloody time, Wil sprang up, kissing his son on the forehead, and jogging out the door.

If there's one thing this war did to Wilbur, wow he could actually sprint all the way to Badboyhalo and Skeppy's house. It was mostly dark, not many house lights on. People were spread out on the lawn, and the president could hear his vice loudly whispering to Tubbo.

For a second Wil didn't see Nikki, and nearly toppled over when she ran into him.

"Sorry!"

Wilbur laughed, "Quite alright, good to see you."

The moonlight made her sunny features cooler,  but no less noticeable. She tucked a shawl over herself, before pulling Wil by the hand over to the back. It was a little higher up, and crickets sounded off around them.

Nikki's set up was perfect. A big soft blanket with a small basket of baked goods in the middle. Neither could bring themselves to sit down on it, in fear of messing the setting up.

Music sounded from below, a slow song. Probably one of Tommy's discs he brought everywhere. Wil sneakily pulled her over against him.

"You want to dance?"

"Of course!"

Wil took the lead, guiding them in such slow motions like the trees on this hot dark night. Every time Wil got into a solid groove Nikki would spin him around with delicate quick movements.

"What are you doing!" He laughed, she gave a wicked grin.

Eventually in the sharp turns in the uneven grass they fell onto the blanket, Wilbur laughing so hard his hat came off. Nikki grabbed the cap and tossed it aside.

"Wasn't a fan of the hat."

"You could have just asked me to take it off!"

"Where's the fun in-"

"This."

Wilbur put a hand in her hair, arms wrapped around her and pulling the girl into a kiss. She met him halfway, a warm but firm attack on his senses.

Boom... ba boom boomboom...

That's my impression of a firework lol don't judge me.

Yeah, Wil wasn't sure he cared about the fireworks anymore.