Arrival

FAU til it ends :)

They walked in silence a little bit. Schlatt would stop them every once and a while, maneuvering over a land mine. By the time the sun had set they were past that area, still not a word was said. From their standards, Quackity though another loss justified it.

What the hell even was this? Quackity missed when this was a smaller problem, or even when they were stuck at the tower. At least then he knew what was going on, now people were dead, people he'd grown on. For the first time in a while he was experiencing actually loss.

Purpled hadn't always had the best impression on Quackity, but he was a leader. It was in the shadow's blood to take charge and lead them forward. Purpled tried to come off selfish and blunt, but he was actually the opposite. He was in fact a selfless family man, and that was the best way he could think about it.

Wilbur, he was Schlatt's friend. Best friend in fact, but that didn't provoke any jealously. They were more brotherly than companions. He also had that leader factor, which was probably why he stayed til the end.

Ranboo, he was Ranboo. Everyone's little brother, everyone's favorite person to turn to.

Quackity wanted to vomit again, though they hadn't eaten in hours. Schlatt let go of his hand, nearly disappearing in the darkness. He felt his heart stop when his partner's eyes glowed.

"Schlatt?"

The taller's muscles in his neck clenched as he focused, "Just give me a second okay guys."

Quackity stood back with Nikki and Fundy. It was strange, to feel so out of place. Schlatt was different, but had the same heart. Well I guess two hearts...

Schlatt focused his gaze on his hands, how did he do this hours ago. Standing with Purpled battling it out the fire just seemed to come to him, he didn't have to ask it. At the thought of Purpled he winced, and a single flame spouted from his left hand.

"Quackity." He said at his palm, feeling slightly stupid. Embarrassment flushed his face. It was too dark for them to see anything but the single flame. How the hell was this supposed to work? Purpled always seemed to have such control over it all, like it was easy.

And then there was that moment where Ranboo teleported them all to safety, at the outpost. He was so brave, and confident with getting Fundy and Purpled out without knowing what awaited them. God Schlatt missed him...

The flame grew larger, and he smiled at his friends. It spread to the other hand, and he waved them forward.

"I don't really know how long I can keep this up so we better get moving."

Quackity pulled out his axe, and stayed slightly behind him. He giggled quietly as a thought popped in his head.

"What?" Schlatt asked, before pushing a flaming hand towards an incoming skeleton. Quackity leaped forward and finished it off, axe swiftly cutting through the bones. He laughed a little more when he caught Schlatt's eyes.

"What?" Schlatt whined, "Aren't you going to tell me?"

"No I think I'll save that for later." Quackity answered, picking up the arrows from the monster and tossing them to Nikki. She reloaded and took down a passing creeper. One of her shots hit something stone, and bounced off into the dirt.

"What the hell was that?" Fundy asked, pushing a branch out of the way with his sword, "Schlatt can ya maybe juice it up a little more?"

Schlatt filled with embarrassment again, and his horns ignited. Quackity wheezed at his distress.