Left Behind (Tubbo)

They ran, well one of them ran. Tommy was practically dragging Wilbur away from the podium. Neither even spared me a glance as they were chased out of L'manburg. Oh if they had, oh if they had.

One look from Tommy, one bright blue glance. Oh that would have been it. That was all I would have needed. I, Tubbo, the loyalist person to L'manburg, would have left. Yet they ran, and I was left frozen in a new fear I never experienced before. Then my senses snapped back into focus, and I caught Nikki when she collapsed.

Schlatt, the new president, gave me the task next. And the more I think about it, the sicker I feel. I haven't seen Tommy or Wilbur in a month. All I know is Wil was severely injured in the escape, I hope Tommy is keeping him alive.

The thought that Wilbur Soot, the revolutionary man of our world, died. It sounds so foreign when I speak it out loud that it cannot be true. Yet I listen intently to the progress reports of the forest searchers, dreading the possible grave hidden under trees and moss.

I really shouldn't care, but I still do. They left me behind, and I still feel like I'm with them. 

The walls have been brought to ruins, and I walk along the lines of packed dirt. Every once in a while I come across a lone block of blackstone, and shove it into my pockets. If I keep the pieces, maybe I can put it back together-

A booming laugh shakes me out of my thoughts like an earthquake. A hand lands on my shoulder, and I resist the urge to flinch. Schlatt's grip is too tight.

Wilbur's wasn't.

When the bomb went off I went flying, the back of my head hitting the hot dog van with a crack. I can't even see where anyone else landed, I only hear screams and coughing. That single piece of TNT ignited dozens of others. The dream team cheers from outside the wall, and slowly begin to filter into L'manburg.

Of course Dream finds me first, I landed dead set in the middle. He calls out to his friends, and figures are sharpened by the orange aura surrounding me. I push myself up, and lean against the van. A quick glance around and I can't find anyone else. Dream's mask hides his face well, but I can almost here the smirk in his voice.

"Alright Tubbo, here's how this is going to work-"

"No Dream!" A hand curls onto of my shoulder. The grip is pressured, but evenly as to protect me. It makes standing up easier, and I let out a sigh of relief. Wilbur stands slightly in front of me. His lip is split, and a purple bruise blooms on the side of his face. Burned fabric dots his once magnificent coat, and his eyes are red because of the irritating smoke.

"You're going to back off green boy. Tubbo isn't up for grabs. If you want to fight, "Wilbur let out a sharp whistle in his fingers, and some of Wilbur's soldiers began to show, "You will be fighting us."

At the time I was terrified, I inched closer to Wilbur, and half hid behind his jacket. Dream laughed, but the rest of L'manburg managed to drive the dream team away.

As the smoke cleared I rubbed my eyes, tears of terror streaked my face, and my shoulders drooped. Wil made some hand signals to Fundy and Tommy, who shortly sped off. My body shook fiercely from such a close call. Wilbur's arms folded around me, and I let out a sob.

"It's gonna be okay, I promise."

And that was the moment I knew L'manburg was the right, no doubt in my mind. The moment I knew Wilbur would protect me, like a big brother. The moment I felt safe.

Schlatt guides me into the meeting room, hand still gripped on my sore shoulder. My mind snapped roughly out of the memory. Everyone was already there, and when Schlatt gave me a shove hard enough to knock me off my feet I must be late. I take the momentum in stride, and propel into my seat. I roll my shoulders back in attempt to loosen the tight muscles.

Everyone looks tired, Schlatt sits at the head of the table. Quackity and me on either side of him. Fundy sits farther down, his fur doesn't seem to shine in the dull light. Nikki sits across from him, her face is pale, and dark shadows live under her eyes. I try to find her eyes, but she only looks at the shiny blackstone table.

The meeting goes as I expected. Rather dull, but not without a snide comment from Quackity or Schlatt. When it's my turn, I pull the most resent forest report out and start reading. I stumble through a sentence now and then, Quackity starts to chuckle. It really wasn't that funny.

"Would you shut up already?" I snap, Quackity raises his hands in mock defense. "Woah, you got me Mr."

As the meeting ended he made sure to give me a push out the door, I stumbled into the grass. They all broke out in laughter and I sneered into the dirt.

Tommy stood at the end of the sewer with determination, and I leaned against Fundy. Nikki had my arm, but I broke out of her grip easily. Everyone was weak, and I was not about to let my best friend walk to his death. My stab wound ached, but I made it to Tommy before my legs gave out. He caught me, gently, with his hands holding me up by the elbows. I felt strange, his face was drained of color. It was scratched, bloodied, and bruised. 

But his eyes still smiled. The blue-ist sky eyes still looked at me fondly. I couldn't lose that.

My arms left my sides and wrapped around Tommy. I was determined to never let him go. My airways emptied, and I breathed in the smell of him.

"Tommy please, let me come with you." I begged. 

He unwrapped himself of my arms, and I could see the tears brimming around his eyes. Tommy carefully sent me backward slightly into Nikki's arms, like a piece of china.

Then the mere moments later, seeing him face down in the Prime Path, my heart broke. I thought he was gone, and when he stood the next day with a bow in hand I cried of joy.

That would never be the case for JSchlatt, or Quackity. Maybe that's why I can't attach myself to their ways, their ideals, their relationship.

Because I already have my family.

And sure enough, as I walk home later, a blonde head of hair peeks out from behind a tree. They would never leave me behind.