The Mole

FAU

Fundy woke up early in the morning and left Ranboo sleeping. He didn't want to worry him.

But he had a trap set, and now he needed to confirm his suspicions. 

He continued down the hall, and outside into the nice chilly air. No one else was out here, it was still way to early. But hopefully if he was right everyone would wake up. Fundy had asked Alyssa for a journal to get some things off his chest.

And in that journal was nothing but bullshit, and a fake location for Tommy. He had made sure to leave it just barely visible under a bench. If he was right... Alyssa was the only one who knew about it.

He was wrong, Jack knew, he was sitting there reading it. Fundy moaned, dammit there goes that experiment. Jack was a little dizzy, and he almost felt like crying. Fundy slid onto the icy bench next to him.

"Dad are you drunk?"

"Is this what you really think of me? I thought I was a-" 

Fundy put a hand up telling him to stop, "Shhh dad you are! This was a test to catch someone. How'd you even know?"

A groan from below answered his question, Phil sat up covered in snow. He shook his head rapidly, the white powder flying everywhere. He coughed, and stretched, "That was a fun night. Where's Techno?"

"Here." A snow covered log said from the side of the bench. Wait that wasn't a log, that was Techno. Fundy put a hand to his own temples, rubbing them in frustration.

"That was a really bad idea, reminds me of graduation." Techno mumbled, brushing himself off, just then noticing Fundy, "Oh how long has he been here?"

"You guys frustrate me. Did anyone come by at night?" Fundy asked, pulling them out of the snow.

"Um... shit uh..." Phil muttered, scratching his head before breaking out in giggles, "I have no idea. Damn it Techno why is all the alcohol you have so strong?"

"I like it with a little punch what can I say." Techno answered, Fundy facepalmed.

"Dad?" He asked desperately in hopes of salvage. His father let out a puff as he thought.

"Yeah actually, someone had gone by here. Think it was the Doc." Jack answered before getting up, "Why?"

Fundy opened the journal, and noticed not only had the string been broken, but the ribbon marker inside was gone. He glanced at Jack, who didn't have it.

"Fundy where are you going-" Jack started, chasing after him.

"Catching a traitor. You coming or not?"

Fundy, and the fathers stood outside Dr. Alyssa's office. Someone was talking in there, they were unsure who, but it sounded like her. It was too muffled to hear properly. There was someone else talking to her, the voice sounded just slightly lower. 

"Techno here's your chance to break up someone's privacy storm in there and pretend one of us is missing!" Jack slyly grinned, Techno shrugged casually. 

"Just another Tuesday." He said, straightening his red jacket and making Phil hide his giggles. Fundy pressed his back to the side of the building. Jack next to him, and Phil struggling to get a hold of himself behind a tree. Jack shushed him.

"Have you forgot the reason of Death Drink?"

"Oh right death. Sorry sorryy." Phil shushed himself, putting on a faked serious face.

Techno pushed the door open to see Alyssa and Bad whispering behind the desk. She looked stressed, and he looked saddened.

"Ally you can't do this, you know I won't say anything, but you have to reconsider!" He whispered urgently.

"Bad this protects everyone! Me, you, Ant, Callahan!" She said through gritted teeth, Bad noticed Techno standing in the doorway.

"Sir!" Bad said sharply, "I was-"

"You were just leaving, I need to speak to Dr. Alyssa." Techno firmly stated, Bad sheepishly shuffled out. Alyssa rubbed her arm, tired eyes looking at him. Though Techno already had a hunch, already wanted to rip her head off, he needed proof.

"Alright where's Fundy? We can't find him anywhere and he said he was going to see you." Techno crossed his arms, watching Alyssa's face morph in confusion.

"Wait what I haven't seen him! Techno did he say something else useful?"

"That he needed to end something." Techno said, resisting the urge to break into a grin. Hell it was a cheap move, but hopefully-

"Oh my god we have to find him!" Alyssa exclaimed, before sprinting out of her office. Techno followed slower, but made sure to tap his thigh once.

Phil caught the signal, and rushed them inside.

Fundy went through her desk, there didn't seem to be anything. Old textbooks, a notepad. There was an old blue hoodie in the bottom drawer, covered in dust, it had stars sewn on it.

Fundy groaned, "Dammit I was wrong-"

Phil stuck up a finger, "Oh come on it has to be behind the photo. There's always something behind the photo.

Jack shrugged, "I mean you young people are so predictable. Look," Jack took a photo off the wall. It had a picture of a younger Alyssa, standing in a forest with a guy in the blue hoodie Fundy found earlier. More importantly, there was the ribbon taped on the back, "Looks like we have our mole."

BOOM!