Home is Where the Heart is (5)

Technoblade was up way earlier than he should have been. Well he never really got up, since he never went to sleep. It had been about two days of them being here, and spirits were falling fast. If he was honest, the point where Tommy broke was the point he considered the fact that they might be losing face.

Tommy hasn't really left his room since, and he won't let anyone in either. At lunch today Phil was this close to busting down the door. Now everyone had spread out again, into silence for the 50th time. Technoblade decided to check out the library, it had to have something to do.

When he was down the hallway he could see Dream sitting up against Tommy's door, a tired look in his eyes made Techno flinch.

"You gotta stop blaming yourself." Techno said bluntly, he towered over Dream easily. Sure they were equals in  wit, but Techno was far larger and had more brute like strength. Dream had endurance and speed, smaller to fit into small places, with long lean muscles.

"Who said I'm blaming -"

"Get up." Techno crossed his arms, and stood in front of him, "Stop being stubborn and get up. I know you slept here and I know you didn't eat."

"So what? I'm not hungry." Dream let his head bop the door with a small thump, closing his eyes for a couple seconds. Oh it was a hard no for him, leaving Tommy's door. What if he came out? What if he got hurt?

"You have ten seconds" Techno started tapping his foot, but Dream didn't budge. So Techno made him budge, waiting for Dream to shut his eyes for another long exhausted blink before throwing Dream over his shoulder. 

"GAH WHAT THE HELL TECHNO!" Dream sputtered, if he wasn't awake he was now. Techno started down the hallway, the man in a green hoodie pounding on his back.

Tubbo looked up from the little puzzle cube he found, sitting at the kitchen table.  Fundy watched him, his head drooped over the table, staring blankly at Tubbo's hands. Tubbo flicked a layer of the cube, and Fundy let out a whimper.

"Am I doing it wrong?" He asked, confused, Fundy sat up and stretched. He took the cube from his friend, and set it on the table.

"Hold on I'll be right back." Fundy shook the fuzziness from his head, and was heading out the doorway just as Technoblade came in with a duffel bag-

Wait a second that was Dream, Fundy toppled over in laughter. Dream snarled as Techno dropped him on the floor. Fundy could hardly believe his eyes, he choked on his giggles, and wheezed. Dream shot him a glare, before looking over at Techno.

"I fucking hate you-" Dream started, but Techno yanked him to his feet by his arm. Dream stumbled a little, before catching himself on a chair.

"Hey Tubbs can ya get Dream something to eat, I'm going to go find a way into Tommy's room. Fundy your coming too, I might need a small human." Technoblade guided Fundy out, who was still stifling his own laughter.

Philza Minecraft really did not like having his own room, before he had a flat with at least one person rooming with him at a time, usually Tommy or Wilbur. It felt rather empty, meaningless. So when he found Tubbo terrified of being alone in his own room he offered to share. So now he felt just a smidge better about the situation. He knew other people had began bunking together too, it probably was some sort of coping device.

Tubbo was a lot neater than Tommy and Wilbur, his stuff was neatly folded in a little corner. Tommy used to just have a heap, Wilbur just had things everywhere. It made him laugh a little as he thought about it, but then he felt sick. Tommy was still in his room alone, Phil decided to go roundup some people to try and get him out. Sapnap was standing in the kitchen doorway snickering.

"Hey Sap?" Phil asked, before poking his head through the door to see Tubbo and Dream.

Techno thought the library was rather standard looking, it had a couple shelves with dusty old books, big deal. The thing it did have was a window on the back end, possibly close enough to jump to Tommy's. There was a thin ledge going across both windows. Fundy shook his head.

"No way! Techno you aren't going to fit!" He frantically waved his arms in the air. Techno smirked, "No I won't but you will. Show me your stuff furry." He gave Fundy a confident pat on the back.

After a good  five minutes of coaxing fox boy into it, Techno held onto his wrist as he climbed out the window. The winter air blew in, and Fundy shivered before gripping the edge of the roof above him and moving his feet to the ledge. He shuffled over fairly fast, everything was icey, but really no trouble for someone like him. His fox-like reflexes made it undeniably easy. 

Tommy's window was unlocked, and Fundy carefully rolled it open. He jumped in, making sure to slow his impact to the ground. His eyes widened as he found Tommy curled up on the floor.

"Tommy!" He screeched, dropping to his friend's side.

Techno banged on the door, drawing the attention of Phil and Sapnap down the hall, "FUNDY UNLOCK IT!" He fidgeted for what felt like an hour before he heard a click. The door opened. Phil rushed over to him, before carrying on through the door. He skidded to his knees and coddled a limp Tommy.

A couple hours later Tommy woke up, and after being forced to eat something he talked a little.

"What on earth were you thinking Tommy," Philza said, a little angry, "You could have died!"

"Bound to happen sooner or later." He answered, rubbing his eyes.

"What do you think we would have done!" Philza Minecraft said with tears in his eyes, "Tommy it doesn't matter if we aren't in England anymore! Our family is here, which despite how we came to it makes this place home."

And then they were all silent.