35

Kid was a little overwhelmed by the scene before her. Everybody was taller than her, and everybody was overwhelmingly pretty or colourful. Even the men, their suits weren't the classic black or white ones; there were blue ones, red ones, green ones and yellow ones. Everybody had head pieces of some sorts, ranging from flowers for the girls to hats with ribbons for the boys.

The whole room looked like an exact image of the ballroom Mary had drawn the day before. It was a ballroom with a white ground and matching walls, giant windows that stretched almost to the ceiling, matching up to the chandelier which was made of crystals and flawless glass. With the light the whole room had different sparkles on the ground.

Kid was honestly amazed by everything; people chattered softly, everybody seemed to be having a good time. There were two giant glass doors that opened outwards and allowed you to go outside to the star filled sky or the dew dropped garden.

Kid found herself giggling in excitement and jumping up and down where she stood.

Everybody else remained calm or, in Neon's case, completely disinterested. "We all know our jobs here," Jason informed smoothly, "just make it through the night, and try to attract the correct attention-"

"Charms," Mary informed glaring at her.

"But be sure to have at least some fun here," Harold informed elbowing Jason.

"Mary," Charms countered with her own playful glare.

"Stay together, keep each other safe through the night," Jason instructed, "the last thing I need is one less agent by the end of this."

Everybody nodded as looked around, "do we need to announce ourselves to someone?" Charms asked.

Harold nodded, "that man over there," he informed pointing to him, "he looks like a subtly tortured butler."

And to put simply he did, his hair was smoothed and well-oiled with hair gel, he had straight posture, was a very well clean looking person and seemed to be black and white. Everything about him was precise and well groomed, like someone attacked him with a pair of grooming scissors.

Neon raised an eye brow, "what are we meant to do?"

"You tell him your name and he announces it so people know you've arrived," Charms explained, "no real names of course though." With that, she took Cameron's arm and the pair walked over to the man. Cameron seemed to whisper some sort of name to the man.

The butler nodded and said with a loud booming voice that made Kid's stomach vibrate, "Sir Henry Williams and Lady Victoria Williams," he announced loudly. With that, Charms and Cameron walked down to mingle with the people.

Goldie and Kimberly eventually walked forwards, Kid watched them bicker quietly, a bicker Goldie seemed to win, in which was the fact he got to pick the name they both had. He smirked as he stood straight with Kimberly, the butler staring at them oddly.

"Umm..." he composed himself, "Sir Marian Babinski, and Lady Willow Weepers."

Kimberly heard the name and slapped her forehead, but a smirk came to her lips nevertheless as the two walked out to the public obviously confused by their names, "next time, I pick the names," Kimberly whispered as they walked.

Mary looked to Jason, "promise me our names won't be that ridiculous."

Jason didn't respond as he held his arm out for her to take. She took a hold of it and the two walked over to the butler, where Jason whispered their names to the man before walking down to the ballroom floor, "Noble Arthur Smith and Lady in waiting Elizabeth Smith."