41

Jason nodded as he turned to Mary, "you need any help?" he offered.

Mary shook her head, "no. I'll get this," she replied.

Jason nodded as he rose from the ground and floated for about five metres and waited for her. Mary attempting to float or fly, she was annoyed that she was no good at this, and yet Goldie could manage to fly leap with his stupid shoes.

She managed to get off the ground, only to fall back on it. She growled at herself as she tried again.

Jason found his apprentice amusing sometimes with how hard she tries or how hard she can be on herself. Jason ran his hands down his walking stick as he held it out to her, "grab on, I'll help you up."

Mary shook her head, "no. I'll get this."

"That wasn't an offer, Mary," he informed tapping her on the head with the stick. She flinched and grunted in annoyance as she grabbed the stick. Jason pulled her up slightly. "Just hold your own weight, Mary," he instructed.

Mary's mind powers gave her the ability to pick anything up, when she mastered it properly, she's be able to pick herself up and go wherever she wanted. Until then, she was mainly grounded.

Mary managed to make herself stay in mid-air, guided by Jason's pulling. He soon swung the walking stick from her grip and she nearly fell over. She grunted as she managed to fly up, but very slowly, sometimes she would jerk downwards and jerk to a stop before continuing again after a mental scolding. She was certainly getting better at this, but she was slowly getting better.

Jason remained hovering above her at all times though. "What happened off the stage?" Jason asked.

Mary almost fell over again, she felt like Wendy after the pixie dust. "I wasn't there for all of it, but I swear there was a Shade or something and it nearly killed Neon and knocked all the other guys out."

"Why didn't it kill the others?"

Mary shrugged, "you'll have to ask Kid that."

"What happened to the Shade?"

"I don't know, it disappeared by the time I actually got in there," she informed, "Kid ran into me hysterical and I went to Neon's aid. I don't understand what happened though."

Jason nodded in understanding, "of course." He looked up the airship.

Mary stared at her boss; she often wondered what he was thinking. He was always hard to crack ever since the day she met him. Hell, most of the team was hard to crack. It was a second nature for none of them to tell about their past and the Ringleaders weren't an exception.

"Will Neon be okay?" Mary asked.

Jason nodded, "he should be fine. They'll take him to the hospital ward when we get back to the base," Jason informed.

Out of nowhere, a headache attacked Mary and she started falling.

Mary cursed at herself as she fell, the wind whistling in her ears, making her headache worse. Jason was suddenly falling beside her with a smirk on his face while she stared at him with an annoyed frown and folded arms. "Having a nice fall?" he asked.

"Shut up," she snapped.

He rolled his eyes, "do you need some help?"

"I can do this myself," she spat.

"Okay," he looked down to the ground, "you're running out of air though."

Mary looked down and sighed as she closed her eyes and concentrated. When she opened them again she had frozen in mid-air with Jason still hanging out in front of her. "We're going to catch a cold at this rate," he informed holding a hand out to her, "we can work on this later if you wish."